Netflix is horrible on 3.1

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I was in love with Netflix until this update. I even went and bought another Revue for my upstairs bedroom. This version of netflix is horribly bad. Where is the the Genre section?
I liked to go to genre, select Tv, then scroll through hundreds of shows in hopes to see something that I have not seen before, or a show that I totally forgot about over the years. I know it has the search ability, but I hate having to know the name of the show, or movie. Now I have 2 revues that have horrible Netflix versions!

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
If you scroll up from your instant queue (in other word, scroll down to the bottom past your recommendations and the new titles) you get a bunch of genres you can browse as a strip but there are only 75 entries per strip. I do agree that genre browsing is useful and a bit more difficult here, but I typically browse from my PC and add the movies to my instant queue.

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I contacted Netflix on Sunday. They said it was the update that was sent out by Logitech. I do believe it because it is still a usable interface on all of my android phones, and my asus tranformer. Even on my XBOX 360 it is a usable interface. only on the Revue is it horrible.
They said they are sending feedback to Logitech. So I guess we are stuck with it! I sent Logitech an e-mail on Sunday also...lets see what happens!

davemacd

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Whoever you talked to at Netflix probably doesn't know what the heck they're talking about. It's an app like any other. Netflix makes it. Google doesn't. Logitech doesn't. If it's bad, it's because Netflix made it bad.

stonefeet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
here's what i'm experiencing.

netflix on the revue pretty much doesn't work, get cannot play this title constantly, if i just keep trying to play it it'll work eventually, but the sound is no synced up with the video.

on ps3 i get some errors but most of the time the video plays, but the audio is still WAY off from the video, especially if i get an error or rebuffer.

i think it's a shared epic fail between logitech and netflix, you'd figure if netflix is trying to kill the disc portion of their business and go straight up streaming they'd be killing it, but they aren't even close.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
stonefeet, I've been having the audio sync issue with my PS3 as well, on maybe a third of the titles i try to watch. I have yet to experience it on the Sony GTV but I have no doubt it will happen. The sync issue does not occur with the same titles when viewed via web browser on a computer.

stonefeet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
i watched something on the ps3 today and it played right away with no issue and the audio was in sync.

the revue is still nearly impossible to get it to play anything

picture quality is much much better on ps3 it just sucks having to turn on another device and change tv inputs when the revue SHOULD work and yet logitech wants to blame everyone else but themselves

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if the Revue is similar to the Sony in its power settings, but try a hard reboot, instead of letting it go into standby mode.

nathaniz

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Just to add some perspective, I've had no issues whatsoever - watched several movies since the update - really enjoyed Limitless. I actually like the UI a bit better than before, but still not great.
I immediately did a restart after the update completed. Everything's been smooth. I have a Revue, wireless connection to my home network, Comcast internet. This and other issues appear to be so random, some experiencing them, others not at all, yet others to some degree. I wonder what the drivers are.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I can play Netflix with no issues and in HD, no audio delay at all. My router is about 2 years old and it's about 50 ft. away from my Logitech Revue. Before buying my Revue, I was thinking about getting a new router, but it seems I have no need.

Has anyone else considered getting a newer more powerful router?

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have used Netflix since the update, and I have had no problems at all. In fact, I like the video and audio quality much better than what I have on the first generation Roku.

In case anyone has any issues with the Netflix app on Google TV, please contact Netflix employee Rich Ezekiel. He appears to be the leader on this. In case you do not believe that Netflix is the one who creates the APP for GTV, just read the following release from Rich in December 2010:

"Netflix Update on Google TV

Hi all – this is Rich Ezekiel, director of partnerships, from the Netflix team.

Netflix continues to enhance the Netflix app on devices on which you can instantly watch movies and TV shows. We’re excited to announce today that a newly upgraded version of the Netflix app is available for Google TV devices. Now you can search from thousands of TV episodes & movies that you can watch instantly. Browse by genre, check out new arrivals, and get recommendations personalized just for you."

stonefeet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
set my revue to static ip over the weekend and nearly every issue i was having is now resolved.

doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me why that would fix the issues i was having, but whatever works. maybe that might help someone else.

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
What about the layout? Is everyone happy with it? Only 75 shows available for each genre?
I just got a sony 3d tv that has netflix also and i actually now prefer to use that instead! i love my revue though!

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I liked the old layout better for browsing, but realistically any 10' interface for browsing a large library isn't going to be great. 75 per genre is fine, anything not in the 75 "best" is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack anyway.

I'd much rather see some more advanced search options than a simple genre listing (perhaps tied to IMDB's database?). A list of which horror movies they've got is a lot less useful than being able to find something directed by John Carpenter, a classic 1930's movie, or even a subgenre like J-Horror or their American remakes.

Frankly, I've always just used my computer to manage my queue for this reason - it's a better interface for processing large amounts of data quickly.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Layout could be greatly improved, on this one I totally blame Netflix, but Logitech should push them to 'review' the interface, it is ridiculous.

Should be by category that takes you into the movie titles by tile & title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeera