YouTube not working on Vizio co-Star

firesteve828

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
ever since the latest update my co-star is very quick and responsive but now on my Youtube app i have sound but nothing but a black screen for video

mr_bonestripper

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I get no sound or video. Vizio tech support was no help. They said ask YouTube. YouTube said ask Vizio. Since no one is willing to take the blame for it not working it may be a long time before an update solves the problem.

cafemagnum

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I get no sound or video. Vizio tech support was no help. They said ask YouTube. YouTube said ask Vizio. Since no one is willing to take the blame for it not working it may be a long time before an update solves the problem.

I get sound but no video on youtube too. It has happened to me on Redux TV and Vimeo that used to work fine. The only fix I found if uninstalling the app and reinstalling doest work is to do a factory reset. This is a pain in the ass because you lose your saved profiles your system setups etc. I have had to do this twice already. It is clearly Vizios fault becsuse its not just youtube its pretty much any site with video.

cafemagnum

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I just did a factory reset on the youtube app. And that didnt work. I then updated it in the play store and that didnt work either. I clicked on MGO before I did sn update and that was coming up with their audio but no video for their teaser. After the MGO update its now their app working ok havent played any videos from it yet. I am just trying Redux TV and that is not working either judt audio. Same goes for the Discovery Channel app just audio.. ing bull ...

cafemagnum

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So try this I figured out how to fix the issue without a factory reset. My isdue was from my video input interupting the apps on vizio. So I unplugged my video input then restarted the vizio player with no video input. Now the youtube, redux, etc are working.. havent checked yet if the video input is preventing the vizio costar apps from functioning properly. Im kind of sick of having to diagnois issues like this.. I was a paid softwsre tester as a kid.. im 31 now I dont have time for this bull vizio!