DLNA Capabilities

bojutt

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Now that that Revue is out. I am wondering how it works as a streaming media player? We use our Windows 7 machine as our sole DVR and use a Windows Home Server for watching our home videos and DVD/BluRay Rips.

So how is the functionality of watching the content over your home network?
Has anyone tried a BluRay rip?

Currently we can do this with our Sony 3D tv, but the quality is not very good. I am hoping that since the Google TV requires 1080P playback that the streaming will be much better than our current Sony TV is.

And as for watching our recorded TV, can you search it or do you just have to browse the folders?

If someone would develope a Windows Media Center App for the Google TV that would be gold--especially if it had full functionality!! I would definitely pay for an app like that.

simplygoogletv

Jul 13, 2010
simplygoogletv.com
Now that that Revue is out. I am wondering how it works as a streaming media player? We use our Windows 7 machine as our sole DVR and use a Windows Home Server for watching our home videos and DVD/BluRay Rips.

So how is the functionality of watching the content over your home network?

And as for watching our recorded TV, can you search it or do you just have to browse the folders?

I've watched a number of shows and movies now via DLNA from my NAS running Twonky. It has worked great, the files look as good as they do from an attached USB drive or on the computer itself. I've heard that others are streaming from their Windows 7 machines without problem. I think search works with the DLNA, but I haven't tested it much yet. I know it is an options that you can include in the search preferences (which sources to search).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38