Anyone thinking of getting one...or three?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It depends on the little details. I am in the process of building a house and I'm probably going to need a couple of different access points with a main router down in the basement. I want to see how these things work in that scenario.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to grab one so that my OnHub has a friend. Probably not completely necessary, but improved network coverage is a better network.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It depends on the little details. I am in the process of building a house and I'm probably going to need a couple of different access points with a main router down in the basement. I want to see how these things work in that scenario.

If you're building the house and the walls/ceilings are open, then consider running conduit for hardwired Ethernet ports. You can add a standalone access point almost anywhere.

It would be interesting if Google offered a ceiling mount bracket. With new construction, you could wire power to the access points and mount them on the ceiling.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I changed my mind. Went with the Orbi. Got tired of the poor Internet connection and waiting on these. Also, looking into how Orbi works compared to these, it seems there's pretty much no way these will offer better performance for my use case. I still look forward to seeing how these things work for you guys.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
If you're building the house and the walls/ceilings are open, then consider running conduit for hardwired Ethernet ports. You can add a standalone access point almost anywhere.

It would be interesting if Google offered a ceiling mount bracket. With new construction, you could wire power to the access points and mount them on the ceiling.

Last edited by a moderator:

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just pre-ordered a 3 pack. I do have the eero now and while it does give me good coverage over my house the throughput speeds are not as fast as my previous standalone routers. And this is doing speed tests right on the one connected to the modem. So I'm going to give this a try to see if I can get the coverage I need AND the speed (or close as possible) I pay for.

Can pre-order from Google, Amazon, Best buy and Walmart

OliverK

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I am in the UK.

I have ordered two 3 packs from amazon.com. They are showing as unavailble but amazon told me they expect stock by the 20th and volunterily without me asking upgraded international shipping to 2 days and removed the shipping charges! I wasn't even complaining. I just asked the online chat when it would be in stock. Great customer service!

It seems that no one has stock unless you pre-ordered. And amazon is the only way to get it to the UK until it is released.

I have two locations I want it for; my parents house and my own flat. I believe two units will do the job in both locations. Which means I will have two left over!

All I need to do is buy 6 UK USB-C power adaptors to power them!

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I was going to, but they are sold out everywhere. If Google is going to be serious about producing hardware they need to get better at stocking during their initial product rollout.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was going to, but they are sold out everywhere. If Google is going to be serious about producing hardware they need to get better at stocking during their initial product rollout.
Check Bestbuy online in the morning. They seem to restock each morning.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Have a netgear r7000 upstairs and have decent coverage but downstairs weak, I have a powerline that goes to a switch downstairs for TV, etc. Was thinking this might be a option for downstairs. Could I have a google wifi hooked to switch downstairs with and a sister one to cover that part of house. Any thoughts?

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Have a netgear r7000 upstairs and have decent coverage but downstairs weak, I have a powerline that goes to a switch downstairs for TV, etc. Was thinking this might be a option for downstairs. Could I have a google wifi hooked to switch downstairs with and a sister one to cover that part of house. Any thoughts?

Not sure what you're asking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez