Runkeeper and Polar Wearlink+ Issue

jkleeb12

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Left my iPhone for the Galaxy S5 and am loving life, except I'm having the following issue.

I am using the Runkeeper app to track my running/workouts. Runkeeper, through the app, recommends the Polar Wearlink+ transmitter with Bluetooth for Android devices. My S5 will "pair" with the Polar strap, but will not log any heart rate while using Runkeeper.

I am a little concerned even though the S5 is "pairing" with the heart rate strap it is not "using" it. I day this because when I use my Bluetooth earpiece, the earpiece name actually turns to a bold blue when it connects.

Is this a S5 or Runkeeper problem? Anyone else having this issue or similar issues?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from Galaxy S5

4mandu

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I am a Galaxy S5 owner too. I am searching to buy a heart rate belt that is compatible with S5 and Runkeeper app.
Fortunately I figure out the incompatibility of polar wearlink, S5 and Runkeeper just before I was going to place the order.
Still I haven't found a compatible device for the Runkeeper app. I believe Runkeeper app is the most problematic app for hear rate sensors.
Other apps works perfectly with S5. Not to mention that Galaxy S5 provides connection for both ANT+ and bluetooth devices. But still Runkeeper can't communicate with them. I am confused about what heart rate monitor to purchase too.
I hope the team of Runkeeper add ANT+ or bluetooth low energy compatibility for android soon.
If you manage to connect a heart rate sensor to S5 & Runkeeper please send me a message
thanks

Last edited:

jkleeb12

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Not sure how or why, but everything started working for me. The only thing I did different was I ran water over the chest strap for 15 seconds or so, on where the transmitter snaps on. I don't get the chest strap name to turn "blue" like my ear piece, but everything works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87