I've sold my S8! What's the best deal I can get on an honor 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys! I appreciate the cool words. Yeah it's become a hobby for me which is why I try and keep it to only budget mid range devices. I decided to keep both of my Axon 7 Mini and am selling one of them and keeping the other. The premium all metal build with the Atmos Dolby surround sound speakers alone make this phone a steal for under $200 dollars. Someone will get an awesome deal from me on the market place for the other new one I have. All I did to it was update it to Nougat 7.1.1 then never had any reason to use it having mine already. If I sell it I'll definitely either pick up an honor 8 or a Moto Z Play. Will be a tough choice as I already have a few Moto mods left over so it makes more sense to get the Moto Z Play. Plus I want one of my phones to have a larger screen. The Moto Z Play is 5.5 inches. I'm not sure yet though. First I have to see if the new Axon 7 sells before I pick up anything.

Where do you sell your phones?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I really want the honor 8 but I have about 225 to deal with on Amazon right now. I want a 5.5 inch screen for movies and media. I found the dated axon pro for 210 which has 2k resolution screen and a 810 processor. It's 5.5 inches but no longer receives updates and I'll be stuck on marshmallow forever. However on paper the phone spec wise is impressive for 200 dollars. I may pull the trigger on it and get it. What do you guys think I should do. I also could have my Amazon money transferred to my card and by off of swappa. That's another option I have.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys! I appreciate the cool words. Yeah it's become a hobby for me which is why I try and keep it to only budget mid range devices. I decided to keep both of my Axon 7 Mini and am selling one of them and keeping the other. The premium all metal build with the Atmos Dolby surround sound speakers alone make this phone a steal for under $200 dollars. Someone will get an awesome deal from me on the market place for the other new one I have. All I did to it was update it to Nougat 7.1.1 then never had any reason to use it having mine already. If I sell it I'll definitely either pick up an honor 8 or a Moto Z Play. Will be a tough choice as I already have a few Moto mods left over so it makes more sense to get the Moto Z Play. Plus I want one of my phones to have a larger screen. The Moto Z Play is 5.5 inches. I'm not sure yet though. First I have to see if the new Axon 7 sells before I pick up anything.

I love the Moto Z Play! Great phone!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I love the Moto Z Play! Great phone!
Yeah I want that phone but it's out of my budget zone. I would already have it now had I had 350 to spend. I can get the Amazon money transferred to my debit card and try swappa but they didn't have but three honor 8s for sale at the moment.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
810 is 2-3 years old . and with Marshmallows being 2 versions behind ( Nougat, and Oreo ) I'd probably look into the Huawei 6X.
I've owned the Honor 6x briefly and took it back bc it felt cheaply made to me. It was a good phone but really really light weight and just not the premium build you'd think it would be since it's all metal. Another phone I'm considering which I've owned before is the Sony Xperia X. I'm waiting on a seller who has a display model that come complete with box and contents that I can get at a steal for 178 dollars. I hope they still have it.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
810 is 2-3 years old . and with Marshmallows being 2 versions behind ( Nougat, and Oreo ) I'd probably look into the Huawei 6X.
It definitely won't get nougat but I've got a buddy of mine who used to for work for Apple in santa Clara CA and he took a Moto g4 play and installed a combo of EMUI and lineage on it and increased the speed of a 435 processor to that of an iphone 7 speed or faster. He also decreased the boot time down from 59 seconds to just 17 seconds. He's a genius. I was going to have him install EMUI on that axon pro plus make it faster too. He's unbelievable. Seriously he's a genius in the tech world. He and only a handful of guys in the world were the ones who came out with the software to jail break an iPhone. That's why apple recruited him for 5 years to come to work them. It's amazing what he can do but to get him to do mine will take some waiting. He's in his own world.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I've owned the Honor 6x briefly and took it back bc it felt cheaply made to me. It was a good phone but really really light weight and just not the premium build you'd think it would be since it's all metal. Another phone I'm considering which I've owned before is the Sony Xperia X. I'm waiting on a seller who has a display model that come complete with box and contents that I can get at a steal for 178 dollars. I hope they still have it.

Ah. Ive hold the 6X before and it wasn't too bad. Regardless of the build quality, it's a good phone. Do you go naked on your phones ?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It definitely won't get nougat but I've got a buddy of mine who used to for work for Apple in santa Clara CA and he took a Moto g4 play and installed a combo of EMUI and lineage on it and increased the speed of a 435 processor to that of an iphone 7 speed or faster. He also decreased the boot time down from 59 seconds to just 17 seconds. He's a genius. I was going to have him install EMUI on that axon pro plus make it faster too. He's unbelievable. Seriously he's a genius in the tech world. He and only a handful of guys in the world were the ones who came out with the software to jail break an iPhone. That's why apple recruited him for 5 years to come to work them. It's amazing what he can do but to get him to do mine will take some waiting. He's in his own world.

To be honest you just have to know about rooting and such to do that. You don't have to be a genius ;)

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
To be honest you just have to know about rooting and such to do that. You don't have to be a genius ;)
Well he was making 24k a month with apple. He's pretty brilliant. I've never seen anyone more advanced than he is. He wrote code security program on his own time that apple wanted but could not write it so they recruited this guy for 5 straight years. It's just not with rooting a phone. He's way beyond that. In fact he can't even tell me what he did with apple. It's high level so I guess that's why he was making 24k a month with them. He lost a marriage out of it though which isn't good but yeah he's definitely a genius in his world of computers and tech. All he can say is that he was an engineer for apple and that's not even what his degree is in. It's computer science. The program that he wrote that apple wanted so badly and who could not write it themselves told him we want you because you are either the very best there is in your field or you have the potential to be the very best. That's strong coming from the biggest software company in the US. He's like an Einstein in his world but that it only. Just in his world. He'd always come to me for real estate advice on easy stuff and I'd think to myself how on Earth could you not know this. He's definitely a genius but only in his world.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well he was making 24k a month with apple. He's pretty brilliant. I've never seen anyone more advanced than he is. He wrote code security program on his own time that apple wanted but could not write it so they recruited this guy for 5 straight years. It's just not with rooting a phone. He's way beyond that. In fact he can't even tell me what he did with apple. It's high level so I guess that's why he was making 24k a month with them. He lost a marriage out of it though which isn't good but yeah he's definitely a genius in his world of computers and tech. All he can say is that he was an engineer for apple and that's not even what his degree is in. It's computer science. The program that he wrote that apple wanted so badly and who could not write it themselves told him we want you because you are either the very best there is in your field or you have the potential to be the very best. That's strong coming from the biggest software company in the US. He's like an Einstein in his world but that it only. Just in his world. He'd always come to me for real estate advice on easy stuff and I'd think to myself how on Earth could you not know this. He's definitely a genius but only in his world.

That's fine -- He can make as much as he wants .. it still doesn't make you a genius to install ROMs that others have made :p.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
That's fine -- He can make as much as he wants .. it still doesn't make you a genius to install ROMs that others have made :p.
Well it's just my opinion. If you don't believe me or what I've seen then that's up to you. I just know what I've seen him do and it's unbelievable. Whether he's a genius or not in his world is subjective. I'll leave it at that.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Well it's just my opinion. If you don't believe me or what I've seen then that's up to you. I just know what I've seen him do and it's unbelievable. Whether he's a genius or not in his world is subjective. I'll leave it at that.

It's OK. He's just bitter cause he doesn't make 24k a month 😂😂

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It's OK. He's just bitter cause he doesn't make 24k a month 😂😂
That's certainly a lot of money to me. Before my own business went under for many years I made around 12k to 13k a month. I thought that was a lot but it's nothing compared to 24k a month! That's insane money and only the elite get paid that type of money per month. So when I say he's a genius in his world he's literally the best in his field. Heck he wrote a security program that apple wanted so bad that they recruited him for 5 straight years until he finally caved at 24k a month. So this means he wrote a security program for apple as a hobby in which the biggest software company in the US could not write themselves which made them recruit him to get their hands on it for 5 long years. Think about it like this. He genuis enough to write a program which basically he was able to see that far into the future by 5 years of what apple wanted, needed but could not replicate themselves. This is because one he's either a genius in his field or at the very least the very best in his field and brilliant. No he's not a genius in everything as he came to me for real estate appraisal advice all the time which I often wondered how could one not know this just by common sense alone. This is another sign of a genius by the way. He was told by apple that they thought he was the very best in his field. Which he had to be if they were paying him 24k a month. That is an awfully lot of money to pay someone who is just good at what he does. He's better than that and I've seen it with my own eyes and heard it. There are times he talks to me and it sounds like an entirely different language and I'm actually somewhat tech savvy. I know absolutely nothing compared to him. So if he's a genius in his world I guess could up for debate or my opinion but there is no doubt he is at the very top of his field. Most of his certifications came from MIT. He made a 34 on the SAT. Two points from a perfect score. I just know he's brilliant in his world and he can do anything he wants when it comes to code and computers. Mobile tech included. He's also apple die hard. His name is listed in the development of the iphone 4 but I'm not going to mention his name for respect to him but apple consulted him on where the antenna needed to be placed in that phone which was well before they ever recruited him or he worked for them. They very well knew who he was already and well enough to consult with him on that part of the design phase. I've just seen him in action and so I've got first hand knowledge of what he can do and what he has done. We are good friends. We talk just about every day. I'll tell you it's even hard for me to get him to work on my phones bc he's either busy or he's got his own projects that he's working on. I'll get his time occasionally if I'm lucky so yeah the guy is years ahead of his field.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
If my other phone sales on the market place that will give more than enough to get another Honor 8. It will be either the honor or the Moto Z Play. I'm torn between the two devices. I just need to sell my other phone which I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet. Hopefully it will and I'll have enough spare cash to pick up one of the two phones. Only reason I'm thinking about the Z Play is bc I've already got Moto mods for it and it'll also serve as my larger screen phone. Tough choice that is if my other phone ever sells.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I found a Honor 8 on swappa that I'm trying to buy. I'm waiting on his reply now. Hopefully I'll get this one and be back in the honor 8 club soon. I'm trying to see if he will come down 15 dollars which I hope he does. I've been looking for one that is complete with box and contents. I wanted blue or pearl but this one is black which is fine. They all look good. I just miss having the honor 8 so hopefully I'll be able to get this one. This time around I'm keeping it lol. It'll always be in my collection and rotation. I wanted the 64g but 32g is fine since I'm on a tight budget plus it has expandable storage so I'll put a 64g SD card in it anyway.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I found a Honor 8 on swappa that I'm trying to buy. I'm waiting on his reply now. Hopefully I'll get this one and be back in the honor 8 club soon. I'm trying to see if he will come down 15 dollars which I hope he does. I've been looking for one that is complete with box and contents. I wanted blue or pearl but this one is black which is fine. They all look good. I just miss having the honor 8 so hopefully I'll be able to get this one. This time around I'm keeping it lol. It'll always be in my collection and rotation. I wanted the 64g but 32g is fine since I'm on a tight budget plus it has expandable storage so I'll put a 64g SD card in it anyway.

This is so awesome! Let us know what happens! Black is very beautiful - I think it's the most beautiful "Black" I've ever seen on a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.