[TUT] Installing Android CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha 2a on HP TouchPad

stonny9

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [TUT] Installing Android CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha 2a on HP Touch

ok, fix that problem but now at the command prompt it says ACMEI access denied.
what can i do? Please help

I am getting this same problem I have tried several times and followed the directions from multiple sites. No one seems to have an answer. I have googled and searched youtube vids. I am running Win 7 Home 64 bit with all updates and only one account on system. I have right clicked and run cmd as admin.

edit
found this after one more google search did as instructed but now getting file not found. wording is correct in my files

edit 2
I was getting file not found error even after putting the ACMEInstaller program directly in the PALM, Inc folder instead if inside the Palm, Inc folder as is the default way when unpacking the zip. Instead of typing "novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller" I added .exe to make it "novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller.exe". Android is now installing. Actually installed while I typed this and is now loading.

I dont know how everyone else is executing the command without putting exe on the end. Multiple vids of people running the command without exe. xda-dev had the command with novacom.exe but that still didnt work until I added the ACMEInstaller.exe

Last edited:

naptime

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

thanks to all involved with creating this walkthrough.

went very smooth, no problems.

up and running in 15 minutes or so.

b99cummins

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

I think I followed all the steps right but after the command prompt and the penguins on the touchpad the words go for a minute or two and it says nothing to install power off when ready what have I done wrong

somline

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Make sure you are in the folder where ACMEinstaller is. Don't rename it to .exe. It's not a windows exe.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

I have completely downloaded all the files and put the ones needed in my touchpad.

for the life of me when the touchpad screen is a USB logo, i cannot seem to find the right directory where the acme installer is! :( I cannot execute novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller from terminal app of the mac.

I am on a mac snow leopard. can you pls help? pls :D

somline

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

You have to put the ACMEinstaller in a place of your mac. Open terminal ang go to that place. Then run the novacom command.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

You have to put the ACMEinstaller in a place of your mac. Open terminal ang go to that place. Then run the novacom command.

i understand that. but i cant seem to navigate to it. even if i change directory in terminal. I must have the wrong directory argh!

when i open terminal, there is a prompt right? how can I place ACMEinstaller in that directory from finder?

somline

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Usually its your home folder above documents. But are you sure you want do do it?

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Usually its your home folder above documents. But are you sure you want do do it?

the files are originally in the downloads folder. i couldnt direct terminal to go there (must have commands mixed up in my head.

i just want to be able to run novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller command when i open terminal without having to look for the directory where ACMEinstaller is...

does that make sense? or am i dooing something terribly wrong here! :D

somline

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

You are about to 'flash' a device but it seems to be the first time you use a unix shell.
I'm scared.
you can type in terminal 'cd ' then drag the directory from finder into terminal. And type return.
Then you are in that folder.

edit the cd is without quotes and with a blank after. Hit return not type the word 'return' :)

Reactions: johnj2803

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

You are about to 'flash' a device but it seems to be the first time you use a unix shell.
I'm scared.
you can type in terminal 'cd ' then drag the directory from finder into terminal. And type return.
Then you are in that folder.

edit the cd is without quotes and with a blank after. Hit return not type the word 'return' :)

yeah I know about that :D yeah I'm starting to sound like an idiot :D thanks for the help :D

i was able to finally get the HP logo appear after i placed novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller in terminal... how long does this usually take? :D

Mutoidi

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

I found the attached Word_Doc. (CM7 Install Guide) is good, clear and helpful too:

:)

Reactions: VDub2174

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

iran into something unexpected...

whenever i run the ACMEinstaller command, i get stuck in the HP logo for more than 30 mins

I tried re-downloading the files in the first post thinking it might be a file malfunction, but tried it 4x the last try i left the touchpad for 3 hours, still on the HP logo.

So i had to restart the touchpad to boot into webos....

any other ideas?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

Cool.. I hope it didn't raise too many more 4 U!

:)

Not yet :p

I've been obsessively reading (and watching videos) about flashing Android to the Touchpad since I will be getting one very soon from a friend. I like to prepare myself before jumping into anything.

jdo2012

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

iran into something unexpected...

whenever i run the ACMEinstaller command, i get stuck in the HP logo for more than 30 mins

I tried re-downloading the files in the first post thinking it might be a file malfunction, but tried it 4x the last try i left the touchpad for 3 hours, still on the HP logo.

So i had to restart the touchpad to boot into webos....

any other ideas?

I have the same problem. I followed everything in this video How to Install Android on the HP TouchPad (Mac Version) - YouTube Can someone help?