We've got the HTC 10 and we're answering your questions right here!

Asscid

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Notification led bug.

I have the htc 10 and first the notification led worked with apps but now it doesn't flash green with pending notifications, only works while charging?

Da_Katz_Pajamas

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone I'm on the fence between the 10 and an S7. I was wondering what the audio quality would be like playing through a car stereo via aux cable? And regarding the cameras I was wondering how good the rear camera is for night landscape shots, the front facing camera with apps like snapchat, and how fast and reliable the camera app opens and then takes a picture.

turbyfill

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The HTC 10 lags on Google Messenger when you open the app and search for contacts to send and SMS message. There is no lag when responded or selecting contacts already used. This is not a keyboard issue. All other texting apps work flawlessly.

Fares Rustom

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I've installed the new google Duo on three of device, 2 nexus and an HTC 10. The video quality on the nexus devices were amazingly awesome. Unfortunately, that's not the case with htc 10. The video quality was a disaster although all devices were on the same WiFi network. Anyone with a similar issue?

Jojosmooth

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: We've got the HTC 10 — and we're answering your questions right here!

How is battery life? HTC are quoted as saying 2 days with the obvious "Your mileage may vary". What are you seeing in real world use?
Have you been able to compare the screen to the SGS7e in terms of brightness and visibility in bright sunlight?

Hi. I've been a rather happy HTC 10 owner since May 2016. But I must say that battery life is the bit I'm dissatisfied with. I admit I'm a heavy user, but lately the battery won't last more than 6 hours. That's unacceptable. I reckon that's probably caused by some background app / malware or maybe just by the continuous access to the data on the external memory card.
Anyone has got any suggestions to improve battery life?

Jojosmooth

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
I noticed that videos recorded indoors sometimes show this random 'flickering'. Is that caused by the phone trying to compensate for the dim light or is my camera faulty? Anyone experienced anything similar?

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've got the M8.
But do you believe I should buy a HTC 10 for 500 euros now or wait for the "supposedly coming" HTC 10 in March?
I love my M8 almost as much as when I got it 2,5 years ago but my top speaker is distorting the sound. Already replaced the battery and the guy replaced te speaker as well but the sound keeps distorting when in high volumes, which is a pity since I use the speakers a lot and it´s one of the thighs I love most about it.
How do you compare the speakers between the 2? What about performance? What do you miss on the M8? Basically, do you recommend me to upgrade?

Cheers

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I've got the M8.
But do you believe I should buy a HTC 10 for 500 euros now or wait for the "supposedly coming" HTC 10 in March?
I love my M8 almost as much as when I got it 2,5 years ago but my top speaker is distorting the sound. Already replaced the battery and the guy replaced te speaker as well but the sound keeps distorting when in high volumes, which is a pity since I use the speakers a lot and it´s one of the thighs I love most about it.
How do you compare the speakers between the 2? What about performance? What do you miss on the M8? Basically, do you recommend me to upgrade?

Cheers

Please don't spend 500 euros on a new HTC 10 right now. IF you're going to buy an HTC 10 right now, please buy it used. Or wait a month for MWC when we'll see the next batch of phones.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Please don't spend 500 euros on a new HTC 10 right now. IF you're going to buy an HTC 10 right now, please buy it used. Or wait a month for MWC when we'll see the next batch of phones.

Thanks Ara. I though about that but there´s not many used HTC 10 for sale in my country. And the HTC 10 was launched in April 2016, it´s still some time ahead. And we don´t even have a confirmation from HTC that a HTC 11 will be release at all, am I wrong?

Cheers

Mohammad Taghizadeh

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I went to fix my front camera, they said if we are gonna remove your display to fix the camera, the display will crack and you have to pay for a new display too. I wanted to ask if anyone wants to open an htc10 for any reason its display will crack?

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I went to fix my front camera, they said if we are gonna remove your display to fix the camera, the display will crack and you have to pay for a new display too. I wanted to ask if anyone wants to open an htc10 for any reason its display will crack?
That makes no sense. It seems like incompetence to me.

erik530195

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: We've got the HTC 10 — and we're answering your questions right here!

Thinking about upgrading from an M7 which still works perfectly fine. I really like the feel of the stock apps.

1. On the M7 there is a lockscreen option for music, where tracks can be scrolled through without unlocking the phone. Is there a stock version of this on the 10, and is there a stock music app aside from googles useless offering?

2. Is there a stock gallery app like in the M7, and are there any pictures of this?

3. How easily can the camera be launched from the lock screen. Is the fingerprint scanner required for this? Also, can the gestures all be disabled so I'm not opening apps all the time simply by touching the screen?

4. How bad is the camera in low light? I can't seem to find any good examples.