Everyone still loving their 10?

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Just wondering how everyone feels about their 10. I still love it. In fact I have tried 2 other phones one being the V20 which I'm returning this week. I find myself picking up my 10 every day, I'm actually using the 10 to write this while the v20 is sitting on my counter.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Still liking the 10 a lot. I also have an MXPE and an iPhone6s. Here's the interesting part for me personally. I got the MXPE after a 6P and iPhone 6+, all big phablet phones right? In comes the HTC 10 and I'm wowing over it as this is such a great phone and perfect size for me. Well it is a great phone but for some reason I'm thinking it's a bit to big. I must be getting a smaller is better complex for phones considering from what I was suing to what I am using, The iPhone 6s!! Apple is OK, not android but definitely smooth and fast. But the size is what I'm loving. So nicely pocketable and comfortable to use one handed. I'd a never a thought a 4.7" screen phone would be so nice. Checked out the Pixel because it's android and 5". Was lacking in some areas I didn't like not to mention a crimp in the old budget. So, rocking this 6s till I find my sense of reality again. Love the 10 also, Keep going back and forth, gonna wear out my sim card. Lol!!

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Yea. I was irritated at htc for dumping the previously great customer service they had. But, the device itself is a joy. I'll likely stick with it for another 2 years. It's the first phone that doesn't ever make me want to throw it. :D

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Yep still love it. Always tempted by the next latest and greatest gadget but the 10 makes it hard to move on to something else. It gives me no cause for complaints. Even the Verizon updates are timely! (more or less)

dragos1977

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
upgraded after 2 years from an M8 decided to go tha same route and got myself an htc 10.The reason was that the M8 was the only phone that in 2 years didnt have a single problem at all,and i've been through alot of samsungs and iphone all of them developing problems after a few months.Pair the HTC 10 with a Spiegem armor case and love it.The only annoing thing is that boomsound doesn't work with soundcloud app.

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm still loving mine, even as I covet the stabilization and always-on voice commands on the Pixel. I bought a few new cases a few weeks back, which as good a sign as any that I'm intending to carry this as my daily driver for the forseeable future. My only real gripe is the BT finickiness. It gets picks about which pocket I keep my phone in while I listen, and even then it still cuts out sometimes. Tried multiple headphones, reset the phone, HTC wanted me to pay to send it in for them to evaluate, and since the problem is intermittent, I doubted they'd see it as an actual problem worth fixing.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm still loving mine, even as I covet the stabilization and always-on voice commands on the Pixel. I bought a few new cases a few weeks back, which as good a sign as any that I'm intending to carry this as my daily driver for the forseeable future. My only real gripe is the BT finickiness. It gets picks about which pocket I keep my phone in while I listen, and even then it still cuts out sometimes. Tried multiple headphones, reset the phone, HTC wanted me to pay to send it in for them to evaluate, and since the problem is intermittent, I doubted they'd see it as an actual problem worth fixing.

I've always had a little Bluetooth issue like that with every HTC phone I've had, especially in the car. I've always just chalked it up to an HTC glitch?

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Very much so. Researching the Pixel for my wife and thought I might be jealous of it. But I have since withdrawn my finger from the buy button even for her until I see how Google fixes their premium phone.

My notifications work. My BT works. My camera for me is good enough. Although I did take a BUNCH of pictures of kids this Halloween that she is going to go through for "good" factor. If she approves them I might end up getting another 10 for her. Only issue is outside viewing and polarized glasses don't play nice with it.

I still get good battery life. Had a small increase and flushed cache and it seems fine again.

McDoogie

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm still loving my 10. I can't see myself switching to any other phone. The 10 has amazing battery life, display, audio, and it's super fast.

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Sadly I can't say I have ever loved it. Its a good phone but has some quirks that I don't like. I also am realizing that I am definitely not an audiophile and makes it seem like the audio quality it provides is going to waste.

However...I ordered a Pixel but actually thinking of cancelling and just keeping the 10. It is a good phone and something about it makes me not want to send it back...

Last edited:

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Of course one if the best android devices on the market is one I couldn't get my hands in using the Jump! Program with T-Mobile. They couldn't send it to me if I ordered on the phone or in person. I mean, they even had the display model in the store I was in!

So I bought a G5 and I love it so far. Especially the convenience of the wide angle lens. Still wish the HTC 10 was available because through my research it was my number one pick coming from my Note 4.

Stykthyn

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Not nearly as in love with this phone as I was with the M8. Battery is mediocre at best, Wi-Fi range is awful adding to sub-par battery life, and the class c charging cable was just the icing on the cake.
I'm sure those things don't bother other people, but I find them hindering.
It's not a bad phone, but I don't think it's a "great" phone.

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
. Battery is mediocre at best, .

I don't know what you expect from a phone, but my battery seems to last hours longer than I expected. Over night my phone uses 2 to 3%. After Bluetooth streaming locally stored music for 9 hours at work, I still have 65% to 70% battery life. The Ice View case consumes the most battery and I have been able to go two full days on one charge with no problems. I could never do that on my older HTC phones. I have GPS, Bluethooth and WiFi on all the time and it never causes an issue.

Stykthyn

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I don't know what you expect from a phone, but my battery seems to last hours longer than I expected. Over night my phone uses 2 to 3%. After Bluetooth streaming locally stored music for 9 hours at work, I still have 65% to 70% battery life. The Ice View case consumes the most battery and I have been able to go two full days on one charge with no problems. I could never do that on my older HTC phones. I have GPS, Bluethooth and WiFi on all the time and it never causes an issue.
Can't say I've ever come close to that kind of performance. If I leave it in my pocket and let it sleep then it lasts forever.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Not nearly as in love with this phone as I was with the M8. Battery is mediocre at best, Wi-Fi range is awful adding to sub-par battery life, and the class c charging cable was just the icing on the cake.
I'm sure those things don't bother other people, but I find them hindering.
It's not a bad phone, but I don't think it's a "great" phone.

My battery life is on par with any other phone I have used. Wifi is always environment dependant. I easily get over 100mbps on this phone on the other side of my apartment. I have to shut off wifi when I get to my car cause it's still connected. I sit at the pool and stream music via wifi. If you use a 2.4ghz signal then that is the main issue. I have my phone on a 5.0ghz band there is no interference on this band. Unlike the fact that everything works on the 2.4 band. Get use to the USB C it's on ever new phone that is coming. Not having to make sure your charger is a certain way before you plug it in is is such a hassle.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I still havent found anything better for my tastes and demands of a phone. Played with a Pixel for awhile and its a really nice phone but for me personally Sense has that little touch about it that I prefer over vanilla still. If the 10 didnt exist Id be all over the Pixel though, very quality phone from everything I tried on it.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site

I get close to 2 days still with pretty decent use. It doesnt get used when Im working, but once home I use it quite alot and still see close to 2 days before needing to worry about charging. My M8 didnt get that, especially once it got its last update. It really started to have issues with battery life despite factory resets.

TP222

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I love it. If anyone asks, I recommend it. It's a great phone. I wish it was more popular. I still can't believe I can't get a good charging dock for it.