Call blocking?

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
On my samsung i had an option under settings to block anonymous calls. I know i can block a contacts phone number on the HTC 10 but i see no option to block anonymous calls? On my samsung you access settings from the dialer , then call blocking and you are presented with the option! Not something i used alot but it can be a very handy feature! Companies calling to ask about surveys etc can be a nuisance and they always ring on private number so blocking anonymous calls was a great way to avoid these calls! Anyone know if its available on the HTC?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
On my samsung i had an option under settings to block anonymous calls. I know i can block a contacts phone number on the HTC 10 but i see no option to block anonymous calls? On my samsung you access settings from the dialer , then call blocking and you are presented with the option! Not something i used alot but it can be a very handy feature! Companies calling to ask about surveys etc can be a nuisance and they always ring on private number so blocking anonymous calls was a great way to avoid these calls! Anyone know if its available on the HTC?

You can download "extreme call blocker" works great. I use it on all my androids and it saves your info when switching phones. Has a block private/anonymous callers feature. as well as any number you want to block. Also has an updatable FCC Spam list that is quite helpful. You can choose to send to voice mail, do nothing or hangup and best part is you never hear the ring come thru. It records all calls it blocks and puts them in a file. Check it out. One bug I've noticed using it on the HTC 10 is when it blocks a call it activates your do not disturb setting. never did this on my MXPE but it doesn't bother me and when I see it activated in the status bar I know I got a blocked call.
There are other similar call blocker apps. I like this one.