General feelings on the 10?

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Long story short, there's a possibility I could buy the 10. What are the communities thoughts on the phone? Any widespread issues? Suggestions for who to buy from?

Currently using an AT&T LGV10

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I love it.... i sold my s7 edge and decided to hold on to the 10! Its not perfect but its damn near close for me personally! I do miss the s7 edge display however but necessarily because it looked better (though it arguably does a tad - its def brighter) but mostly i think it just looked better as it was edge to edge and looked more immersive. The flip side of that however is that i was forever getting ghost touched along the edge which never happen on the 10 obviously! I guess you could argue also that the s7 edge camera was better also BUT unless you do a direct comparison i do not see how anyone could be disappointed with the camera on the 10! I may not have tested it extensively but any shots i have captured on it so far look great and its certainly not as bad as some reviewers have stated!! Over all i find using the 10 far more enjoyable and shockingly i actually get the same screen on time on this as i did with the s7 edge (no idea how as the s7 edge had an extra 600mah. I own the unlocked version of the 10 whereas the s7 edge was locked to vodafone and had some bloatware so maybe thats why.... no idea really but very satisfied with the battery life!

One thing too mention also is that the display on the 10 has a pink hue when tilted (most people have experienced this and its noticeable on white backgrounds) However, it does improve and seems to go away with time :)

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Had it since release day. The most clever and intuitive phone I've used. The only phone that hasn't aggravated me at one point or another. Sound is incredible through the jack. Holiday and vacation photos have been fantastic. When I'm out, everyone is asking me to take the photos and send them to them.
The only downside is that HTC has murdered it's previously stellar customer service and support dept.
Otherwise, best phone experience ever.

chucktr

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I like it.!! Got it June 30th, 2016 and haven't regretted it yet. I sent it to the "Sunshine Boys" to get it unlocked and I have had no problems with Verizon... yet. Only had trouble getting the UpDates because I had it rooted. Had to go back to stock via an RUU and then could get the UpDates. After getting the UpDates I went back to root status. My S-Off and Unlocked status were not affected by the UpDates. I have it un-rooted right now waiting for the Nougat UpDate.
The Camera has been fine. I didn't get the M9 because of the Camera. The UpDates have made some improvements but you couldn't prove it by me. The only complaint I have is the lighting on the pictures. -BUT- I don't understand all the functions that are available on the Phone Camera. I'm sure there are instructions online and I will have to read them. All in all I am very happy with it.

Stykthyn

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
If you want a no frills work horse you can't go wrong. In comparison with with the s7/E, iPhone, and a few of the newer phones it's pretty boring. It has no flashy gimmicks, crazy developer software, or fancy compatible devices. It's a stripped down ui that is remarkably stable and responsive. Camera is on par with most of last year's phones, battery life is where I think it fell flat. I would have liked to have seen a larger battery that offered longer life. The nougat update is supposed to have improved battery software that offers better performance. It's easily one of the most understated phones of the year. Not sure if I would spend the 700 retail that it's selling for at this point as the moto z I think would be a better buy for the money but if you can grab one for 500 or less you would be getting a fantastic phone.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
If you want a no frills work horse you can't go wrong. In comparison with with the s7/E, iPhone, and a few of the newer phones it's pretty boring. It has no flashy gimmicks, crazy developer software, or fancy compatible devices. It's a stripped down ui that is remarkably stable and responsive. Camera is on par with most of last year's phones, battery life is where I think it fell flat. I would have liked to have seen a larger battery that offered longer life. The nougat update is supposed to have improved battery software that offers better performance. It's easily one of the most understated phones of the year. Not sure if I would spend the 700 retail that it's selling for at this point as the moto z I think would be a better buy for the money but if you can grab one for 500 or less you would be getting a fantastic phone.

lol @ u stating that the battery life isn't good yet a few responses above yours the person stated she is getting the same SOT as her s7e with a bigger battery...

OAN: what flashy gimmicks does an iPhone have? I know the 7 plus has the dual camera but what is offered on the standard iPhone?

Stykthyn

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
lol @ u stating that the battery life isn't good yet a few responses above yours the person stated she is getting the same SOT as her s7e with a bigger battery...

OAN: what flashy gimmicks does an iPhone have? I know the 7 plus has the dual camera but what is offered on the standard iPhone?

if you guys got cliff notes on how to make a smaller battery outlast one that's almost twice it's size I'm all ears. Otherwise stop sniffing the kool-aid. Most people won't ever see near that level of performance from the 10s battery. Like most things in life, individual results will vary.

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Iam coming from an s7edge and the battery on the 10 (for me at least) is a tad better and at the very least it is certainly comparable to the s7 edge! Both phones are set up the same way in terms of settings etc The only difference is that on the 10 i decided to disable the facebook app and give swipe pro a go! I can manage 6hrs screen on time with the 10, Maybe just under the 6hr mark on most occasions whereas on the s7 edge i was managing 5hr30mins at best so for me personally iam finding the 10 is lasting me a tad longer but as said iam using swipe pro on this device instead of facebook app! Thats the only change

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
if you guys got cliff notes on how to make a smaller battery outlast one that's almost twice it's size I'm all ears. Otherwise stop sniffing the kool-aid. Most people won't ever see near that level of performance from the 10s battery. Like most things in life, individual results will vary.
Calm down buddy... My battery life lasts just fine and I never had a s7e so I can't compare them... I just thought it was humorous but I'm sorry that I offended you somehow

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I love my HTC 10. Got it when it first came out and no complaints at all. It just works. Battery has been fine for me and 90% of the time it lasts me all day. I am getting an average of 20 hours per cycle. My SOT is probably around 3-3.5 hours. A very solid and reliable phone. I came from the S7E and will say that for me that had better battery life.. But 20 hours is absolutely acceptable.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
The is a decent phone, I like it a lot...however my wife has the Note 5 and we took side by side camera pictures and no matter what settings we utilised the nite 5 camera was far more superior. I knew the 10 got lots of praise for the camera but for me it clear that it isn't the best even compared to an old phone like the Note 5.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
The is a decent phone, I like it a lot...however my wife has the Note 5 and we took side by side camera pictures and no matter what settings we utilised the nite 5 camera was far more superior. I knew the 10 got lots of praise for the camera but for me it clear that it isn't the best even compared to an old phone like the Note 5.

Transfer the photos from the 10 to note and vice versa. View them on each other's screens. See if it's still the same results.

That being said the note 5 camera was absolutely amazing.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Long story short, there's a possibility I could buy the 10. What are the communities thoughts on the phone? Any widespread issues? Suggestions for who to buy from?

Currently using an AT&T LGV10

I got the 10 on release day from T-Mobile, thank goodness, since they stopped carrying it so quickly.

Security updates are fast, just got Nougat update. I impress everyone with the speed of this phone and battery life blows away my wife's s7e and everyone one of my friends iPhones can't even come close.

It was said before, it's not perfect, but close to it.

That is why Google chose HTC to build is pixel phones.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Love mine. Gets solid battery life, which is around 2 days of time with how I use it. The build and sound quality is the winning factor for me. Sound is fantastic on most HTC devices and this doesnt disappoint. Ive used a few S7E's and its Samsungs only phone released that I more or less didnt dislike from the outset. But I personally dont like Samsungs UI still and just dont feel the Galaxy line still. HTC makes the perfect phone for MY uses.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Transfer the photos from the 10 to note and vice versa. View them on each other's screens. See if it's still the same results.

That being said the note 5 camera was absolutely amazing.
Yes I'll try that! Although maybe transferring them both to a computer would also work...

Vizzy Ben

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
The 10 is my first android phone, been an iPhone user for about 8 years. I have to say I really love it, and have been impressed with android in general. It does have its issues and my biggest gripe is around Bluetooth audio stuttering compared to my iPhone, but it's not constant, and my aptx enabled headphones work perfectly.

I did a bit of research before getting this, and I'm sad that all the good things about this phone seem to have been ignored with the new HTC U Ultra. I really like the metal design, it's a sturdy phone, the screen is good (bearing in mind I'm ex iPhone so no amoled for me), and the 5.2 screen size is perfect for getting lots on the screen without seeming like a massive phone and being usable one handed if needed. So, really enjoying the phone now, not sure what I'd go for next year as the full glass style design of Samsung just seems too flimsy for me

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The 10 is my first android phone, been an iPhone user for about 8 years. I have to say I really love it, and have been impressed with android in general. It does have its issues and my biggest gripe is around Bluetooth audio stuttering compared to my iPhone, but it's not constant, and my aptx enabled headphones work perfectly.

I did a bit of research before getting this, and I'm sad that all the good things about this phone seem to have been ignored with the new HTC U Ultra. I really like the metal design, it's a sturdy phone, the screen is good (bearing in mind I'm ex iPhone so no amoled for me), and the 5.2 screen size is perfect for getting lots on the screen without seeming like a massive phone and being usable one handed if needed. So, really enjoying the phone now, not sure what I'd go for next year as the full glass style design of Samsung just seems too flimsy for me
I agree with everything that I you said and you helped me take the decision to upgrade from my HTC One M8. It's time! :)

Cheers

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I agree with everything that I you said and you helped me take the decision to upgrade from my HTC One M8. It's time! :)

Cheers
I still use my M8 as my 'entertainment' phone. I think one of the reason my m8 battery died to quickly was because I simply used it soo much playing games and other battery intensive things. I still use my m8 for games and streaming for long periods and YouTube and use my 10 for work, family and Tapatalk lol. It means my HTC 10 battery will last longer. I don't mean to say all this to say the HTC 10 is not good, it is, i simply use the M8 as my secondary media device which just so helps as a strategy to lengthen the battery life of my HTC 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa