Undervolting - (overclocking)

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so im not really as concerned about overclocking the CPU, but since the phone is basically a computer. I am curious if anyone knows how to undervolt the CPU? This can easily be done on laptops with the help of apps like rightmark CPU. Basically you keep the clock speed the same (or overclock it) but you reduce the voltage at each cpu cycle. You do this on a laptop with an application such as rightmark and you continue to undervolt until your system crashes. Which basically means your CPU has become unstable. Then you raise the voltage a few notches back up to the point before the crash and run it for a few days.

why would anyone care? Well the effect is you keep the same speed (or faster) BUT you use less energy.... which means longer battery times. I've undervolted the last 3 laptops I've had two half the voltage. Now my hunt begins for an undervolt app for Android.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Right Ive heard of that its supposed to be awesome for netbooks never tried it yet is right mark for specific cpu's or even certain MoBo's?

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
ok for anyone that cares, apparently IVan's ROM (currently 1.0) is coming out with a new version that will be undervolted for less battery consumption... yea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38