Eris no longer available on VZW?

NYMetsfan

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The waiting to get my Droid Incredible for Verizon is getting annoying so I went to the VZW site to check out the Eris again, to consider cancelling the Incredible order. I looked all over the site and it appears that the Eris is not available.

whatsadroid

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just came back from a Verizon store and the rep told me it was discontinued when the droid incredible came out because it was the upgrade to the Eris.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It was not discontinued because of the Incredible. It was replaced by the LG Alley and the Motorola Devour in the pricing segment.

$49.99 - LG Alley
$79.99 - Motorola Devour
$149.99 - Motorola Droid
$199.99 - Incredible

I figure the Droid will be EOL when the Droid 2 comes available and the DroidX will come in at either the $199.99 price point or the $249.99(more likely) pricing. But I would wait on the Incredible, I've had to replace (on the 3rd one now) my wifes Eris with new ones because the 2.1 updates slows the phone down tremendously and lots of bugs start happening with Silent call bug, speed dial, etc etc. STAY AWAY!

saintdice

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I thought we all knew this was coming. Wasn't there some internal email that got leaked recently that showed they were getting rid of it? Also does it really matter?

I don't think the eris is a bad phone at all. I love mine. That being said, I'm looking forward to upgrading just for the fact that Cyanogen doesn't own one to develope for.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk