WiFi Tether config for EVO 3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

gshurling

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm attempting to use my temp rooted EVO 3d and WiFi Tether to tether to my Galaxy Tab 10.1 . I'm having some problems getting it to work correctly. Do any of you have that app running successfully?
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I believe you need to be full rooted in order for tether to work. What app are u using? Try wireless tether for root users. Its free.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Here u go...

Download this file... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30666591/wifi_tether_v3_0-pre14.apk

This version is experimental but DOES work.

REQUIRES TEMP ROOT ACCESS ! ! !

1. Download the APK file.

2. Install the APK

3. Launch the wifi tether app

4. Go to settings and click " Routing Fix ".

5. Click to start tethering and your golden.

I have tried a bunch of other apps and this one DOES work. I downloaded this version back when I had my OG EVO and it worked as well....

ENJOY! :)

THIS HAS BEEN ADDED AS A STICKY

Last edited:

gshurling

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems with the app working for a few minutes then turning off. I'm getting a message when the app opens up that I do not have the correct kernel and the app will not function properly.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't get this to work. It connects, but never loads a page. Any one have any ideas?
Go to settings and click " Routing Fix ". Then restart the app and try again. I also enable Access Control, and then I can see the computer or other devices requesting the connection as well.

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't get this to work. It connects, but never loads a page. Any one have any ideas?
I get the same thing when I'm on 3G data. It works fine when I'm on 4G data, like right now, but it never works on 3G. And no combination of boxes checked or unchecked changes that.

I know that information doesn't help you solve your problem, but if you're normally on 3G and you pass through a 4G area you might check to see if your experience is the same.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I think the 3g issue is specific to you. I can use 3g and 4g perfect as well as many people I know with this hack... I think its super strange. Did you change your device profile possibly?

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Here u go...

Download this file... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30666591/wifi_tether_v3_0-pre14.apk

This version is experimental but DOES work.

REQUIRES TEMP ROOT ACCESS ! ! !

1. Download the APK file.

2. Install the APK

3. Launch the wifi tether app

4. Go to settings and click " Routing Fix ".

5. Click to start tethering and your golden.

I have tried a bunch of other apps and this one DOES work. I downloaded this version back when I had my OG EVO and it worked as well....

ENJOY! :)

THIS HAS BEEN ADDED AS A STICKY

This actual only works on 4G, not on 3G.

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I think the 3g issue is specific to you. I can use 3g and 4g perfect as well as many people I know with this hack... I think its super strange. Did you change your device profile possibly?

No, it's not specific to his device. I have seen many people report the same issue on other sites, I have the same issue, on 3G only Google sites load but nothing else..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87