ROMs and kernels you use or recommend?

vanjangles

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I know it's still early and different ROM's and kernels are coming out or being updated everyday it seems, just wanted to hear what setup people are currently on and what kind of experience they are having?

I'm using viperROM RC1.2 w/ netarchy's kernel..overclocked to 1.5ghz using the oc daemon and everything is pretty fast and smooth. What about you?

Quarry

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: What ROM's and/or kernels are you currently using?

I'm on stock ROM, Silverneedle Test 5 kernel @ 1.7GHZ. Only had the 3D for 4 days but I know I made the right choice.

Sgalla04

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

Where are you getting the other ROMs? I have only seen CleanROM and Senseless ROM. I would really like to check out a new ROM but these two don't seem worth installing yet.

vanjangles

May 25, 2011
Visit site

vanjangles

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm on stock ROM, Silverneedle Test 5 kernel @ 1.7GHZ. Only had the 3D for 4 days but I know I made the right choice.

I pushed mine to 1.7 but I wasn't getting great battery life, how has yours been?

GreenToxon

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm running the Senseless ROM, I'm looking for a complete vanilla experience, and waiting for CM7

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Where are you getting the other ROMs? I have only seen CleanROM and Senseless ROM. I would really like to check out a new ROM but these two don't seem worth installing yet.

What do you look for in a ROM. I am always open to suggestions. And these are just the first two in a planned series of 5 :cool:

I'm running the Senseless ROM, I'm looking for a complete vanilla experience, and waiting for CM7

Me too ;)

Quarry

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I pushed mine to 1.7 but I wasn't getting great battery life, how has yours been?

Battery life is good, but I only spent 24 hours at stock clock speed so I don't have much to compare to. I'm using Juice Defender which helps alot. I was still at 80 percent after 5 hours off charge today, during which I checked fb and xda a few times and made one phone call.

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Ready to root. Which rom is best with Sense and 4G working?

Title says it all. Which rom keeps sense and allows the 4G to continue working, but gives me the "root features" as well. Hopefully rooting will allow me to get more bars too.
thanks

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: colestein

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ready to root. Which rom is best with Sense and 4G working?

This is a great ROM that keeps the stock look and feel without all the BS. The native hot-spot is nice too. @scrosler does a great job and is very quick to help out when issues come up by getting fix put together!! BTW...don't forget to buy him a couple drinks if you like his work!! :cool:

Reactions: colestein

anon(374252)

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Best ROM for Speed and Battery?

What is the best ROM out there for speed and battery life? I'm currently using SteelROM 1.4 and I like the speed but battery life is still not a real improvement from stock. I love the ROM because it kept the "bloatware" from Sprint and HTC Sense 3.0. Just wanted to know other people's experiences with the other custom ROMs for the Evo 3D. Thanks.

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Custom ROM Question

What is the best ROM out there for speed and battery life? I'm currently using SteelROM 1.4 and I like the speed but battery life is still not a real improvement from stock. I love the ROM because it kept the "bloatware" from Sprint and HTC Sense 3.0. Just wanted to know other people's experiences with the other custom ROMs for the Evo 3D. Thanks.
I am on CleanRom 1.3 and like it. Pretty much stock without the BW and the native hotspot added. check it out as it is worth a look/flash and the developer is very responsive.

Reactions: scrosler

incarceration

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best ROM for Speed and Battery?

I use viperROM and Synergy, both are fast and both have a decent battery life. Depending on use I can get over 15 hrs of battery life, normal use is around 9-10hrs.

They also test in the 2100-2400 range of quadrant benchmarks.

incarceration

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ready to root. Which rom is best with Sense and 4G working?

No offense to Scrosler, but I highly recommend viperROM and Synergy. I'm at 53% battery life with normal - moderate use and it's on i think 15hrs running time.

Bootup animation's also pretty cool on Synergy (if you care about that lol) and they have custom splash screens (replaces the white HTC splash screen when you first turn on your phone and is right before the ROM's boot animation) for each as well (multiple ones for viperROM)

I got them from XDA forums, not sure why they aren't listed here :\

Synergy 3Dvo:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1193948

viperROM 1.3:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1192628

incarceration

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I currently have 2 ROMs that I swap between (currently testing which I prefer the most) by swapping between nandroid backups.

1) viperROM RC1.3

and

2) Synergy 3Dvo r309 w/ Ziggy OC kernel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez