A Way To Save Game Stats, So They Can Be Reapplied To The Game?

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to save the user info (Missions Level, Points, Lives, Ect) from a game to a file that can be reapplied to the game, if that game had been deleted or had to be redownloaded for whatever reason? This way we wouldnt have to start all over again. With the WebOS there is a nice app that let's you backup all of those stats, so you don't lose your game progress if you had to delete the game for instance. Is this also possible with Android?

I hope I am posting this is the right place. I figured a feature like this would fall under Hacks and Rooting.

Posted From My Sprint EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
This. Backup with Titanium and then what I have done is restored the app(game) only first. Ran the game once, exited, then restored the data only.

My phone isn't Rooted yet; will that effect the backup? And I'm kind of confused with what you are suggestion. Do I backup my apps and their user data using Titanium, restore the game from the a backup to the phone, let the game run once, then reinstall the user data? Wouldn't when I restored the app, that Titanium would then restore the user data as well?

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: A Way To Save Game Stats, So They Can Be Reapplied To The Gam

If you don't root I'm not sure you'll have access to the data directory to back up the data. Android is really ed about this.

As for restoring games, I'd actually restore from the market so it's set up right for updates, and then using Titanium you can simply restore the data.

MyBackupRoot works too and has a bit of a simpler interface but it is more cumbersome to do individual apps because it creates a backup package with as many apps as you select while Titanium works on an individual app basis

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
My phone isn't Rooted yet; will that effect the backup? And I'm kind of confused with what you are suggestion. Do I backup my apps and their user data using Titanium, restore the game from the a backup to the phone, let the game run once, then reinstall the user data? Wouldn't when I restored the app, that Titanium would then restore the user data as well?

As I am rooted and always use titanium to restore data if need be,
But I would guess it depends on how u got rid of the app in the first place...
If you just hit uninstall your save data might still be intact....
It also depends on the game if they save their data on your phone or on their server. Depending on if its an online game or not....
But not rooted or hacked then no need to worry cause there isn't a whole lot you can do to protect your data yet. Unless a new back up tool has been released

Sent from my clean Shooter

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: A Way To Save Game Stats, So They Can Be Reapplied To The Gam

As I am rooted and always use titanium to restore data if need be,
But I would guess it depends on how u got rid of the app in the first place...
If you just hit uninstall your save data might still be intact....
It also depends on the game if they save their data on your phone or on their server. Depending on if its an online game or not....
But not rooted or hacked then no need to worry cause there isn't a whole lot you can do to protect your data yet. Unless a new back up tool has been released

Sent from my clean Shooter

So I have to Root my phone to backup and restore my game save data? Isn't there a file/s in the game folder on the memory card that keeps the Gameloft save data? Can't I just find that file and back it up to my PC? I'm just guessing, because with the WebOS games, they have a file like that, which users can download an app that backsup/restores that info. So there just has to be a similar file, since both mobileOS's have Gameloft and Electronic Arts games. So if the WebOS allows for the ability to save these files, Android should have something like it. Am I wrong for thinking this way? Does anyone know for sure?

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
So I have to Root my phone to backup and restore my game save data? Isn't there a file/s in the game folder on the memory card that keeps the Gameloft save data? Can't I just find that file and back it up to my PC? I'm just guessing, because with the WebOS games, they have a file like that, which users can download an app that backsup/restores that info. So there just has to be a similar file, since both mobileOS's have Gameloft and Electronic Arts games. So if the WebOS allows for the ability to save these files, Android should have something like it. Am I wrong for thinking this way? Does anyone know for sure?

It all comes down to the developer of the game which you want to restore, stuff like gameloft should keep your data on the sdcard. You could simply copy and paste this to a new folder on your desktop and be ok. Me personally I back up my whole SD card often, in case I delete something that I need/needed.

Why would you need to restore data anyways?
Just deleting a game from your phone shouldn't remove the data involved with that particular app.
However if you delete the data from the app management screen then yes your data is gone... But if you just hit uninstall it just removes the app. Not the data... Which then goes back to the game developer and how they have it set up...

Most online games keep data server side, so your account is still on their servers. Even from platform to platform... Some games keep this data server side but you have no way of retrieving this data once you delete and reinstall the app.. an example of this would be drag racing, where I've lost my game data, and it only gives u an option to sign up as a new user, not log in as an exsiting one...

Titanium backup, which does require root is by far one of the easiest ways of assuring your data is backed up.

Hope this explains it a bit better,

Shot from my shooter in 3D
injected with cleanrom2.8

Reactions: the2ndflood

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
It all comes down to the developer of the game which you want to restore, stuff like gameloft should keep your data on the sdcard. You could simply copy and paste this to a new folder on your desktop and be ok. Me personally I back up my whole SD card often, in case I delete something that I need/needed.

Why would you need to restore data anyways?
Just deleting a game from your phone shouldn't remove the data involved with that particular app.
However if you delete the data from the app management screen then yes your data is gone... But if you just hit uninstall it just removes the app. Not the data... Which then goes back to the game developer and how they have it set up...

Most online games keep data server side, so your account is still on their servers. Even from platform to platform... Some games keep this data server side but you have no way of retrieving this data once you delete and reinstall the app.. an example of this would be drag racing, where I've lost my game data, and it only gives u an option to sign up as a new user, not log in as an exsiting one...

Titanium backup, which does require root is by far one of the easiest ways of assuring your data is backed up.

Hope this explains it a bit better,

Shot from my shooter in 3D
injected with cleanrom2.8

I need to be able to restore my game save content for when I switch memory cards or if the game files become corrupt. The games that I want to back up are mainly Gameloft games, with a few E.A. games. I tried just copying the folders to my desktop, but when I put them back on the memory card, the game saves were gone. Is there a special way to backup the folders to a PC? I use Windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Some games save the content online like Order & Chaos, but the rest of the rest of the games save the game save content to the memory card; so I would really like to backup the content. I will Root my phone if I have to, but that will be a last resort.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I used to have this problem. I always had HTC phones that were easy to root. I now have a Droid 3 and I'm scared to root it because of the encrypted bootloader; I really have no need to root it. I got tired of losing my saved game data after a wipe or any other thing that require the deleting and uninstalling of an app. I started to look for workarounds. I found that Angry Birds games have Angry Birds Backup apps. Found that Gameloft games such as N.O.V.A. 2 save your online stats on their server, Splinter Cell re-uses save game data that's stored on the SD card, etc.. Glu Mobile games save your games for you when you log in to Facebook on them. Openfeint games save your stats when you log in to Openfeint on their games.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: the2ndflood

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I used to have this problem. I always had HTC phones that were easy to root. I now have a Droid 3 and I'm scared to root it because of the encrypted bootloader; I really have no need to root it. I got tired of losing my saved game data after a wipe or any other thing that require the deleting and uninstalling of an app. I started to look for workarounds. I found that Angry Birds games have Angry Birds Backup apps. Found that Gameloft games such as N.O.V.A. 2 save your online stats on their server, Splinter Cell re-uses save game data that's stored on the SD card, etc.. Glu Mobile games save your games for you when you log in to Facebook on them. Openfeint games save your stats when you log in to Openfeint on their games.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Have you found a way to backup all Gameloft games? I'm like you, I am worried about Rooting my phone, but if I have to do it, then I will. I have every Gameloft game offered for use on the EVO3D, and I am worried about losing all of my game save info. So I am hoping to find a good way to back them up without having to Root my phone. What about games like The SIMS 3? Do you know any tricks for backing that game up? Because that's a game I really hate starting all over again on. So if you know of any tricks or work arounds for backing up that game, then I would also like to know. On top of any tricks for saving Gameloft games as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty