Who else is having data connectivity issues?

Jayq330

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm in NY too and the 1st week with the E3D was pure bliss. This week has seen 4G become almost non-existent. Even when I have a full signal it rarely connects me to the net and when it does I'm getting slower than 3G speeds. I called Sprint this morning and they reset some things which got me back on the 4G network but I'm only getting about 1.5 down whereas it was consistently 10 or better last week. If it hasn't cleared itself up within a week of the 30 day return period I'm afraid the E3D is going back and I'll go back to using my DX until the Bionic finally ships.

ive been reading that sms was down on sprints network & that they put up more 4G towers in NY, so i thought it could of been that since they were upgrading & adding more towers for 21% more coverage which is a plus if it actually showed some benefits! im now getting absolutely no 4G when the last time i commented i was getting 4G here & there. and just like you only in the morning, so it has to be either some evo3D phones have a defect (ours) or its just the locations we're in. but in all the areas i was getting great speeds & now i get absolutely nothing. yes i am returning my evo3D because of this & getting the photon instead since there antennas & modems are of the best out there, they even make the some of sprints 3G & 4G towers so im pretty sure theyll make it work with there phones above average + i cant wait for the galaxy s2. i been waiting day after day hoping it would just be a network problem & that itll pass but it seems that our phones messed up somewhere. so i can just hope that the new phone wont have this problem & if it does ill have to pass & go with verizon's greedy ass. heres hoping that tomorrow we wake up & itll all be back to 10 mbs downloads again!

Jayq330

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Today the phone has been stuck on 1x the whole day and im getting insanely horrible speeds. When i switch to 4g, the most i get is 600kbps down. I am tire of this stupid service, i will definitely cancel my contract since im paying for a service they are not providing me. It will hurt since i absolutely love my E3D more than anything :':)':)'(.

By the way, im a new customer on sprint and signed with them when the evo lunched. I have heard that i got 30 days to return the phone and cancel the service if i dont like it. My question is, Am i going to have to pay the cancellation fee?
no cancelation fees no nothing thats the good thing about sprint they really look out for you & hook you up. im returning my evo3D for the 4G speed problems & am getting the photon,im gonna use it for 30 days if i dont like there service im just not going to sign the contract & going to verizon. sprint better not make me do it.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
People having data connection issues: go to your dialer, enter ##3282#, select view mode, EVDO, and if Preferred Mode is not set to automatic, it was sent out with the wrong preference. Call Sprint to get your MSL code and do the same but select edit mode vs select mode, follow the same path to be able to change the selection.

Some have reported their unit with CDMA Only out of the box, and thinking many are having inconsistent data because of that.

Mine was set correctly and I have seen consistent Sprint coverage.

eddyknights

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Bravo i checked my preffered mode and it was set wrong i was experience slow 3g speeds to a crawl , page cannot be found error ect than i set it to automatic and bingo it zips right through.. bravo

dwntwnall4u

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Been having a lot of data issues during the day time here in San Diego. During the night it is much better. Hopefully It's because of Sprint doing upgrades on their towers? Still no 4G here.

gdrenick

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I live in a fringe coverage area in rural MN. I am fairly confident that my EVO 4G had a stronger and more consistent signal strength (from inside my house). On my EVO 3D, I verified that the Preferred Network is set to automatic as suggested above. I still only has 0 to 1 bar on the signal strength. I occasionally see the No Data icon and frequently receive the "Network Not Available" message which I do not ever recall seeing on my EVO 4G. My wife's phone behaves the same way. Sprint Cares did a reset on my wife's phone, but there was no improvement compared to my phone. We took her phone into a local Sprint service repair facility who suggested that they have seen certain Anti-Virus software (e.g., Lookout) was causing data drops (or something). I uninstalled Lookout, but I still do not see any improvement. Sprint's Tech Support indicated that they do not have any known issues with data connectivity with the EVO 3D. This thread certainly suggests otherwise. It would be good to know if this is a phone issue, a tower issue or a system issue. I will raise this up again to Sprint Tech Support as this seems like a genuine issue for many of us.

hitraj47

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Its an issue that neither sprint or htc are willing to publicly admit. Ive done everything but a factory reset, which is a last resort thing. I may do this over the weekend.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
ive been reading that sms was down on sprints network & that they put up more 4G towers in NY, so i thought it could of been that since they were upgrading & adding more towers for 21% more coverage which is a plus if it actually showed some benefits! im now getting absolutely no 4G when the last time i commented i was getting 4G here & there. and just like you only in the morning, so it has to be either some evo3D phones have a defect (ours) or its just the locations we're in. but in all the areas i was getting great speeds & now i get absolutely nothing. yes i am returning my evo3D because of this & getting the photon instead since there antennas & modems are of the best out there, they even make the some of sprints 3G & 4G towers so im pretty sure theyll make it work with there phones above average + i cant wait for the galaxy s2. i been waiting day after day hoping it would just be a network problem & that itll pass but it seems that our phones messed up somewhere. so i can just hope that the new phone wont have this problem & if it does ill have to pass & go with verizon's greedy ass. heres hoping that tomorrow we wake up & itll all be back to 10 mbs downloads again!

those new towers are in the outer boroughs so they haven't helped my issue at all. unfortunately it looks like the E3D is definitely going back. i refuse to pay an extra $10 for 4G service and not actually be able to use it. the phone is absolutely awesome but Sprints service hasn't impressed me at all.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
those new towers are in the outer boroughs so they haven't helped my issue at all. unfortunately it looks like the E3D is definitely going back. i refuse to pay an extra $10 for 4G service and not actually be able to use it. the phone is absolutely awesome but Sprints service hasn't impressed me at all.

Although the fee was originally charged for the EVO 4G and EPIC, which are 4G phones, now extends to all phones that are considered smart phones. In other words, even the Optimus S, which is a 3G phone only still has this fee.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

I had to pay the fee when I got the BB Tour when it came out. It was stated then that it was a premium data charge not a 4G charge as the BB Tour isn't 4G. The way I see it, even with the charge, I still come out better than any other provider. Plus as the network grows, it costs money to accommodate. At least they aren't robbing me like other carriers. Enjoy while it lasts since we know nothing is forever.

PittsPgh

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
One thing I found out Fri here. 15 July is that even though in the notification bar say "3G" it can stil be connected at 1x. I know in this spot in Ohio my Hero would jump betwen 3G and 1x, and it would show it. On Fri I updated the PRL and now the 3D does switch back & forth like the Hero. So fri i brought my old Hero along to snap a pic of the EVO3D showing conflict info. I used Open Signal.
I haven't had no real connection problems. Unless I'm in the warehouse. EVO3D switches to Roaming inside, no biggie so did all my other phones(Sprint). But, the EVO3D pops up an error 87 I think, data connection error.
One thing that is missing from the 3D is the screen under Settings/About Phone/Network hero shows me signal strength.

Paul

jakrell

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I noticed my EVO 3D was running really slow and giving me page not found errors. Checked and it was set to CDMA only so I got my MSL code from Sprint and it works great. 4g is blazing fast

whatnow213

May 27, 2011
Visit site
My evo 3d is now having data problems. my weather app is not working most times and i am getting cut off from the internet 5 or 6 times in an hour making me restart the phone.

I have 3 days left before I am stuck with it. Does anyone know if there will be an update to resolve these issues or should I just turn in my phone and wait for the SGS2?

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
My 3g where I work is non-existent now. When I first got it, it was not great, and absolutely not as good as my 4g. Hopefully an update will come soon to fix it. I have already sold my 4g, and am starting to talk to my wife about switching to her Epic (hopefully I won't have to), but I have to use my hotspot at work, and if I can't get reception, it's basically useless to me.

gdrenick

May 29, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both have the EVO 3D. We were both having data connection issues (3G) and weak voice signals. I had a great experience with Chris at Sprint Customer Care tech support. He spent almost an hour resetting and configuring our phones. He called back on the landline to make sure we worked through every issue. We talked for 10+ minutes on both phones to verify that I did not lose connection or had poor service. He reset the profiles, shut off all of the roaming alerts (since I have the unlimited data and no domestic roaming. Chris also recommended that we turn off WiFi unless we actually need to use it. It seemed to have cover-up the 3G problems that we had and even seemed to create some issues too. Now, we rarely turn on WiFi (unless we really need it)..Anyway, Chris did a superb job as we were ready to return our phones. We are happy now with the EVO 3D now after a full week of no issues. Finally, I hope Sprint spends more time helping customers at the time of purchase to configure their phones for optimal use. It could help reduce some support and customer satisfaction issues.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
If there is a problem with 3g and wifi and the solution is too turn off wifi then that's not good. Using wifi uses alot less battery than 3g. What they need to do is fix any issues that the solution doesn't include keeping wifi turned off. What they need is an update that will resolve the 3g update and the rf signal problem so I can actually have signal coverage when I need to use my phone as a phone. What's the point of having the latest phone when I can't even make calls. Luckily root will bring out some custom roms that will mostly fix the little problems that the 3d currently has.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty