Apple trying to shut Android down!

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This mainly talks about apple being leader in sales figure and only had 1 sentence that mentioned HTC and Samsung being sued. In any case monopoly is never good.

APL

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
It says that Apple has already won a court case against HTC and now HTC is hoping they can pay Apple enough money to keep making Android phones. If Apple refuses to allow it HTC may be out of the Android business. Next up for Apple is Samsung. One at a time Apple is trying to take down Android makers.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Where does it say that HTC can no longer make Android phones? Did I miss that part? I know HTC lost some case. I didn't see that they could not use the OS? I may be blind I guess! :p

hchavarria

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
There was another article that states that HTC has found a work around for the technologies being ruled on and should be implemented on 2012 models, if I can find the article again I'll post it.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I think Android should move to a new notification panel, so Apple can choke on Androids dust with iOS 5. Come on Nexus. Can anyone link the "ruling?" should be public now.....this speculation of what happened isn't very informative.

APL

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Where does it say that HTC can no longer make Android phones? Did I miss that part? I know HTC lost some case. I didn't see that they could not use the OS? I may be blind I guess! :p

Damn! That's the wrong article, I'll post the right one shortly, sorry.

cheechmo

May 9, 2011
Visit site
This isn't the original one I had in mind when I first posted but it's similar

HTC open to negotiate with Apple, HTC EVO safe for now

If Apple refuses to work with HTC it could mean BIG trouble for HTC, or if Apple demands too much money it could cause major issues as well. It concerns me because Apple isn't known for cooperating with competitors.
HTC is also holding patent violations over Apple's head. It's just a big game of chicken. Nothing earth-shattering will come of it, at least nothing that will seriously impact Joe Consumer.

APL

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Apple's hand is bigger. I hope you're right though as what I've read at several different sites has me somewhat concerned.

Jordan jones

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Apple is really getting annoying now. What do they want they make more smartphones then another company. Do they really need to pull this cap, or be successful. Apple learn this, it may come in handy in the future: live and let live.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I wont lie I'm a Apple computer guy and was an Iphone guy from 2007-2010. I really like the Android platform and HTC phones. I been enjoying the EVO 3D much more than I have any of my Iphones. I never had the Iphone 4 but I also never had to hold a phone a certain way to keep from dropping a call.

From here on out I'm sticking with HTC phones and Android. I heard a rumor that HTC wants to do their on OS

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
if apple has big hands then how come Google has the sky filled with satellites? I think apple is a preppie California co with some cash, but it should balance that in research not accusations.I think they are mad to because cos like Toshiba and other third parties supply them...watch as they get squeezed.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
On the subject of Apple infringing on patents, I was thrilled many years ago when Creative Labs (remember the Zen player) got the patent first on managing digital music files (mp3s) by the ID2 & ID3 tags.

I enjoyed reminding my iClone friends when they asked about my non-iPod mp3 player.
Them: "Why didn't you get an iPod?"
Me: "Because I wanted a mp3 player with more space for less money, better Signal to Noise Ratio, and the brand that Apple has to pay royalties to."

:D