My EVO and me......

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a 3D that I got a couple of weeks ago. I returned my first one, purchased a monthago, because it kept freezing up. Sprint was very cool, encouraging me to swap it right away. The new phone has been much better, but a few times, the touch screen just doesn't work in the apps screen. A restart solves this. How concerned should I be? Also, I canct seem.to attatch videos to omy MMS messages because the size limit has been reached? Even though it is set to maximum? Do I need to download Go Text or something? Android noob, obviously.....

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Signing up for google voice will help. I have to admit I like the HTC interface better then googles but it does more. Like being able to send and RECEIVE text using a computer. This applies to voice mail as well. Sprint and google are partnered on this do you keep your Sprint number as your google voice number. Also voice mail gets transcription into text then sent to you in a text message. not 100 percent accurate. but well enough to where you understand was being said. it is free. Sprint charges $2.99 per month to do the same thing.

Http://www.google.com/voice to give it a try.

Reactions: iEd

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Signing up for google voice will help. I have to admit I like the HTC interface better then googles but it does more. Like being able to send and RECEIVE text using a computer. This applies to voice mail as well. Sprint and google are partnered on this do you keep your Sprint number as your google voice number. Also voice mail gets transcription into text then sent to you in a text message. not 100 percent accurate. but well enough to where you understand was being said. it is free. Sprint charges $2.99 per month to do the same thing.

Thanks, but my question was about attatching videos to MMS messages?

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I do use Google Voice but Handcent as my default messaging app and it works perfectly.
So, the EVO 3D cannot attatch vids to messages? Really? That seems odd..... Also, should I be worried about the intermittent unresponsiveness in the apps screen?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It isn't just the EVO 3D. Android has a file size limit of 1 megabyte to attach.
You can purchase additional features with Handcent and probably other 3rd party messaging apps that bypass this limitation.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, I was just saying that I use Handcent with Google Voice with no problems.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
... The new phone has been much better, but a few times, the touch screen just doesn't work in the apps screen. A restart solves this. How concerned should I be? ....

This happened to me too in the very beginning. After the first updates and a few weeks, the problem resolved itself. I would say keep an eye on it and ensure you have all of the latest updates.

iEd

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Where is the HTC interface for google voice?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Where is the HTC interface for google voice?

I'm not sure I fully understand your question but are you asking how to use GV on the EVO 3D? If so, you install it from the Market, then long-press on whatever screen you want it on to place the widget. If you'd rather use a different default texting app with GV you have to set that up using the settings on the web version using your pc.

If you are not set up with GV yet you have to first log onto your Google account on your pc to set up the account.

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what kind of battery life should be expected? No running apps except maps, HTC and android OS stuff. Today, ran Facebook for a half hour, several texts, 2 phone calls. Screen at 40%. Battle at half from full charge 6 hours ago....... Always put it on sleep when I am not using it....

Yesterday I kept a great charge despite frequent web surfing. WhY gives? Thinking about swapping it AGAIN. I just want to know if this one is working properly....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty