Evo 3d vs. Galaxy s2

nextjeter2

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I know this forum may be biased but as people who have used the 3d how do you like it> do you feel the sgs2 would be better. What are your feelings on 3d also

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy my EVO 3D a lot. I have the MHL adapter and use it quite frequently. It allows full mirroring of your phone to your TV. Great for watching videos on YouTube, playing games, browsing the Internet, home picture slide shows, you name it. It also converts pictures and video to 2D if taken in 3D. I also use the 3D aspect much more than I thought I would. The screen is amazing. Phone quality and reception are great. I personally like Sense and although I'm rooted I am on a stock ROM. An additional feature you may enjoy is the newly acquired ability to natively take screen shots.

Reactions: shakinlaw#AC

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The SGS2 sounds like it would be a good phone. I have never owned a Samsung so I can't comment on them one way or another. I do know that HTC pushes frequent updates and I was very happy with the EVO 4G I had (that my husband now uses).

Oh, and the battery life for the 3D is waaay better out of the box than the 4G. That was the only fault I had with the 4G but put up with it because it was so awesome otherwise.

Reactions: Wiley_11

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
After 2 months I'm completely satisfied. The only complaint is the rear speaker is not very loud, but not a deal breaker for me. I'm impressed with how HTC takes care of its customers so far. I'm with you on Sammy, their customer support seems to be lacking. Good luck on your choice. :D

jayke70

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Having had the Epic before the 3vo Id say don't expect an update until late next spring. good hardware but no support, and buggy software I'm sorry but personally I'm done with Samsung. I've had the 3vo for just over a month and love it. It's a great phone and Sense is a great UI.

Reactions: nextjeter2

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Since the Evo 3d came out, there have been 4 updates for it already, I'd say they are on the ball. Most new apps that only work on some phones work with the Evo 3d as well, such as Skype and Netflix. The GS2 is a benchmark killer, but if you read reviews of some of the newer games, like Reckless Getaway, you will hear all the GS2 owners complaining about the frequent crashes for that game, runs great on the Evo 3d. It's because of how the Mali 400 GPU in the GS2 handles texture compression if I am not mistaken. Yeah the benchmarks are great, but in overall every day use, you will hardly see the difference in performance between the two.

HTC Sense is also much prettier and in my eyes more functional than Touchwhiz 4. HTC is doing a good job giving us new widgets and themes to play with as well.

Lastly, you can debate about which screen is better. Nothing beats the GS2 right now as far as blackness level and eye popping color goes, however, it's still running at 800 x 480 while the Evo 3d is running at the future standard resolution, qHD.

More compatibility, better support by the manufacturer, easy to customize, nicer UI, and comparable performance when you look past the benchmarks, and the winner is clear.

There have been a lot of discussions and comparisons between these two phones, check this forum and maybe YouTube for some head to head comparisons between the Evo 3d and the european version of the GS2.

Lucky for you, all the major new phones for Sprint are going to be out in the next two months, so if you're in not too much of a hurry, you get to do some hands on time with all four candidates: Evo 3d, Photon, GS2, iPhone 5. It's a good time to be on Sprint!

Notice also that I didn't even mention the 3d part of the Evo 3d, to me it's just extra gravy and a conversation piece! Funny how girls always say "take a pic of me, I want to see what my ( . ) ( . ) look like in 3d!! Yes...it's happened to me! ;-)

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
i absolutely love my evo 3d, heck even got a few friends to get one, +1 on the rear speaker being on the low side. I had a palm pre a month after launch date, after having about 13 of those replaced sprint sent me a samsung moment. My first android phone (i had already known since January of 2010 that i was getting an evo) and it SUCKED HARD. Now i know the moment was never supposed to be a top phone however i had battery issues, lockups, phone would switch to airplane mode by itself gps problems and probably more that i am forgetting. Samsung could be great but it seems they cut corners and that turns me off. samsung has a bad rep with updates as well (especially no OTA updates??? Whats that all about) Dont get me wrong i want a galaxy tab really bad but then again its not a sammy phone. Ive always liked htc since i got my evo 4g and it will be hard to get me to switch to a different manufacturer. Ive used the 3d quite a bit and i love it. Actually movies on it are alot better than some people think. Like the guy above me if gaming is your thing you might want to steer away from the sgs2

Also keep in mind that the european sgs2 has a ti omap 4 processor and is rumored to launch in the us with the not as powerful tegra 2!!

Reactions: nextjeter2

nextjeter2

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone!!! Got the 3d the whole Samsung update thing scares me. I looked at photon but the screen looked very grainy. All I can say is in these past few hours simply amazing. Like wow! It is so fast and the 3d is very neat could not be happier. Thanks all of you

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone!!! Got the 3d the whole Samsung update thing scares me. I looked at photon but the screen looked very grainy. All I can say is in these past few hours simply amazing. Like wow! It is so fast and the 3d is very neat could not be happier. Thanks all of you

Welcome to the EVO 3D Owners Club! :D

IcerC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine just got run over by a truck. Had an otter box and not a scratch or crack.

Speaker seems louder since last update.

GS2 looks amazing and if you are a custom rom person then go for it. Samsung has great hardware and terrible support.

Whoever gets hulu plus first wins for me:p

nextjeter2

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Lol yea that's exactly how I feel Samsung hardware may be slightly better but htc support more updates and 3d is cool. I do use custom roms but I still enjoy frequent updates. idk I just feel better with htc haha

nextjeter2

May 31, 2010
Visit site
just adding to anyone who may be trying to make this decision. 1. Sense is absolutely amazing compared to touchwiz I had on my original galaxy s. 2 3D games are actually very cool if you enjoy playing games on your phone!

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
For me, I need a status light (without mods) and a phone that doesn't take forever to charge. I have no performance issues with this phone so it's all good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86