Evo 3d vs. Galaxy s2

9eater

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
It has a bigger screen and has 16gb of internal memory of which u get 11 gb of something to use, and according to Sammy theyreusing a faster clock CPU dual core SOC. Blah Blah they will have something better in 3-6 months, they always do. I love my EVO 3D.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
No Sammies for me, I'll be sporting my E3D for a long time!! :D

Can't wait to read the horror stories on the SGS2 forums. :p

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Meh ...there are always horror stories regardless of device or carrier. There is no perfect device that is going to magically please everyone.

Very true. The fact that everything works instantly,, very fast on my 3d is quite good for me. If rooted i could really crank this beast up but I see no need. There is no perfect device. And they all do the same things. My initial question was what can new phone do that 3d can't, any specs and speed discussion aside i believe the answer is nothing. On the other hand the evo can take 3d pics and video. I will always choose a device that can do everything a device is capable of doing. People say blah blah to 3d Features yet when i show anyone my 3d pictures i have taken they are blown away.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Very true. The fact that everything works instantly,, very fast on my 3d is quite good for me. If rooted i could really crank this beast up but I see no need. There is no perfect device. And they all do the same things. My initial question was what can new phone do that 3d can't, any specs and speed discussion aside i believe the answer is nothing. On the other hand the evo can take 3d pics and video. I will always choose a device that can do everything a device is capable of doing. People say blah blah to 3d Features yet when i show anyone my 3d pictures i have taken they are blown away.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

this is so true and I agree fully.
the SGS2 is a great phone. yet it can't do anything that the evo3d can't. it's just another phone, not a space ship.

I'm still wondering if the US SGS2 phones have implimented "auto wrap" when using pinch to zoom on a web page...this was the deal breaker as to why I just didn't wait to get the phone. maybe it's just me, but I read a lot on my phone and I want things simple not a complicated way to wrap type when I enlarge a page.

I'm new to android and loving my evo3d. I just don't see me even looking at this phone as my next upgrade. my evo3d does everything I want and more. why look at another phone that is more or less the same as what I have?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Id rather have my HTC Evo 3D instead....

You know why?....

I know when updates are released I will see them MUCH sooner than NEVER!

For that HTC wins HANDS DOWN!

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Meh ...there are always horror stories regardless of device or carrier. There is no perfect device that is going to magically please everyone.

The first question I ask when I get a new phone is which phone has the best radios. Since being with Sprint since 2003 the almost unanimous response from Sprint techs is Sammy has about the worst reception of any phone they carry. Just ask a Sprint tech what they think of Sammy radios. Me, I'll be sticking with HTC unless their phone quality goes downhill. My E3D's performance will satisfy my needs for a long time!! :D

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The first question I ask when I get a new phone is which phone has the best radios. Since being with Sprint since 2003 the almost unanimous response from Sprint techs is Sammy has about the worst reception of any phone they carry. Just ask a Sprint tech what they think of Sammy radios. Me, I'll be sticking with HTC unless their phone quality goes downhill. My E3D's performance will satisfy my needs for a long time!! :D

not only do I agree that updates should be a lot better with hTc, but I agree that samsungs history with radios is poor as well.
the SGS2 should have high quality radios in them, but it is still too early to tell. for sammy's sake they better have great radios in them or they are going to loose a huge amount of future consumers as this is going to be a hot selling phone for them. all ready many people got the evo3d because they had an epic and don't want to use samsung again after that garbage.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Not i, love my evo 3d. My 3d along with my 10.1,32 gig tab i should be all set for quite a while. Just curious, does anyone know what this new phone can do that the EVO 3d can't do? Or pretty much any other new phone for that matter?
1080p video recording
High profile mkv playback
USB host for memory sticks and peripherals
Resizable widgets
Bluetooth 3.0 and support for bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Also:
Better battery life
Better camera
Better speaker
Thinner & lighter

And it does support text reflow in the browser as well as HDMI mirroring (which was mentioned).

As a long time HTC user, it pained me to make the switch to Samsung, but in the end, the Evo 3D just didn't have the goods while the Epic Touch was clearly the better phone. The 4.5" screen is just gravy.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
1080p video recording
High profile mkv playback
USB host for memory sticks and peripherals
Resizable widgets
Bluetooth 3.0 and support for bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Also:
Better battery life
Better camera
Better speaker
Thinner & lighter

And it does support text reflow in the browser as well as HDMI mirroring (which was mentioned).

As a long time HTC user, it pained me to make the switch to Samsung, but in the end, the Evo 3D just didn't have the goods while the Epic Touch was clearly the better phone. The 4.5" screen is just gravy.

I wish you the best of luck with your SGS2. I would recommend keeping your E3D for 14 days though. :D

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I thought about making the switch. Went to the sprint store with every intent to do so but I'm sticking with my 3VO.

While the Epic Touch is very light and the screen is big I actually think everything looks over saturated. And I would also prefer I higher resolution. The phone is indeed fast and I experienced no hiccups. Reception was on par with my 3VO. And I know the cameras are better on the Epic as well but it's not worth the switch IMO.

I hope those who do switch enjoy their new device.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Nothing wrong with switching if you are truly unhappy with the EVO 3D. No one phone will be right for everyone. As for me, I am very pleased with my EVO 3D and will be keeping mine. :)

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
The et4g is nice but not worth the switch from my 3vo. I agree with the poster above. The camera on the gs2 is better but not enough to get all nuts about plus the 3d features on my phone I would miss. Now when the nexus prime comes out I might upgrade. We'll see. Until then not worth a side grade.

woodiah

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I checked a Galaxy S2 out yesterday and it ain't enough for me to leave HTC. If that happens, switching to a plastic Samsung, it will take the rumored Prime.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512

9eater

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Spent almost an hour with the sg2 at sprint. Ehhhh, I will keep my Evo 3D honestly not willing to spend any more money for now. I love my evo 3d, it does everything I need and more. No need to switch now atvthis moment. Yes the screen is bigger. Yes its thinner. Yes it has deeper blacks. But really people? Just give it another 3 to 5 months and something better is out. :cool: for now I will keep on rocking it evo 3D.