ICS update trashed all photos

slam922

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Ran the update last night. Nothing unusual for a major update. Everything on my 3D was stock. Finished update all apps worked great...just as I would expect. Went to my gallery and it was empty. Seemed a bit odd so I hooked it up to my PC as a drive and sure enough all my pictures from the time I got the phone new last year are gone. Somehow they got blown away during the install. I was never prompted or warned in any way that this may or may not happen. Has this occurred to anyone else?

Hanko

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Same problem. Show's the file & name, but when you double click to open them, they all say "Invalid Image", even on PC. Happens only on the SD card pics, pics saved to the phone are fine...

Gents

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
This happened tome. Just reboot the phone and they will be there.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

B737

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Samething happened to me. I have been using Astro file manager App. I found them under DCIM/100 Media files. Also try settings/apps/gallery/clear data/ and restart your phone. This should restart the gallery APP and it should scan for your photos. I am having problems with screen cut on the Dolphin browser. They don't show up in my gallery after I screen cut. They used to before ICS. They are there, just in a different place on the SD card. I was considering at factory reset, but am not sure if it will work! Let you know.