Thinking of Switching to Sprint for EVO 3D

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm a T-Mobile customer and have been planning on switching to a different carrier by this Summer. T-Mobile has been great to me, but I need something new, and their signal isn't the best when your indoors as we all know. I was leaning towards AT&T mainly so I could have an iPhone and any Android phone I wanted, but the EVO brand is enough to make me go to Sprint. To this day, the EVO 4G is one of the most highly supported Android phones from Sprint/HTC and the development community. EVERYONE is going to get the EVO 3D, heck I bet there will be people lined up for it as well. It has the latest version of Sense, which looks REALLY good, and despite what people say, 3D is the future. Right now it's in its infancy, but 2-5 years from now, 3D will be everywhere, and it will be improved tenfold. The pictures will be projected from the screen like a Hologram... I don't even want to get into it. :p

Right now my plan on T-Mobile is $65 a month for 500 minutes and Unlimited Text/Data. That's all I really need. How much is a comparable plan on Sprint? Also, my plan is Even More Plus so I'm not under any kind of contract, which is a godsend. I buy the new phones whenever I want and sell my old ones. Could I do that on Sprint? When I upgrade will I be forced to comply with any increased plan fees?

trojanman

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has a $69.99 unlimited text/data and 450 minutes, plus $10 for smartphones...so total $79.99. Included in the plan is free mobile to any mobile (doesn't matter which carrier), so really, the 450 minutes only applies to landlines. Also, unlimited minutes start at 7pm at no extra charge.

I get a discount from my employer, so I pay $76 every month. Not a bad deal at all.

Reactions: Melaza

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has a $69.99 unlimited text/data and 450 minutes, plus $10 for smartphones...so total $79.99. Included in the plan is free mobile to any mobile (doesn't matter which carrier), so really, the 450 minutes only applies to landlines. Also, unlimited minutes start at 7pm at no extra charge.

I get a discount from my employer, so I pay $76 every month. Not a bad deal at all.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Sprints unlimited everything plan also $80/month?

ricky99797

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
For the Record I have Sprint and I have the EVO 4G and plan on getting the EVO3D.

If I were you, I would use a friends Sprint phone (pref. a evo or epic or other smartphone) and check the data speeds in your area (3g and 4g) and make sure it's the right move, I know Sprint's 3G (in some areas) lacks speed.
I get decent speeds (3g-1.5mbps~ and 4g 2-10 mbps which depends on where iam) but not everyone will, do not rely on sprint's coverage map on their website either it says I should have full 4g and 3g and that is not the case, or hell they give you 30 days so try it out that way too.

beret9987

May 14, 2010
Visit site
For the Record I have Sprint and I have the EVO 4G and plan on getting the EVO3D.

If I were you, I would use a friends Sprint phone (pref. a evo or epic or other smartphone) and check the data speeds in your area (3g and 4g) and make sure it's the right move, I know Sprint's 3G (in some areas) lacks speed.
I get decent speeds (3g-1.5mbps~ and 4g 2-10 mbps which depends on where iam) but not everyone will, do not rely on sprint's coverage map on their website either it says I should have full 4g and 3g and that is not the case, or hell they give you 30 days so try it out that way too.

Agreed with this. I'm in Davis,CA and for some reason, Sprint just isn't that great unless your'e on 4G(which doesn't cover the school campus). Calls and texts work great but the data is just a tad on the slow side. As much as I want an Evo 3D, I'm probably jumping ship to VZW just because of service.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm a T-Mobile customer and have been planning on switching to a different carrier by this Summer. T-Mobile has been great to me, but I need something new, and their signal isn't the best when your indoors as we all know. I was leaning towards AT&T mainly so I could have an iPhone and any Android phone I wanted, but the EVO brand is enough to make me go to Sprint. To this day, the EVO 4G is one of the most highly supported Android phones from Sprint/HTC and the development community. EVERYONE is going to get the EVO 3D, heck I bet there will be people lined up for it as well. It has the latest version of Sense, which looks REALLY good, and despite what people say, 3D is the future. Right now it's in its infancy, but 2-5 years from now, 3D will be everywhere, and it will be improved tenfold. The pictures will be projected from the screen like a Hologram... I don't even want to get into it. :p

Right now my plan on T-Mobile is $65 a month for 500 minutes and Unlimited Text/Data. That's all I really need. How much is a comparable plan on Sprint? Also, my plan is Even More Plus so I'm not under any kind of contract, which is a godsend. I buy the new phones whenever I want and sell my old ones. Could I do that on Sprint? When I upgrade will I be forced to comply with any increased plan fees?

Traitor! J/k. The evo 3d will be an awesome phone. I couldn't blame anyone for switching to get it (ill probably go to att for the thrill) so as long as the service is good you can't go wrong.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I saw this deal on another forum through studentrate where you can get 15-23% off your monthly Sprint bill plus $25 rebate, $50 service credit, Waived Activation fee and Free shipping. Here's the LINK if you're interested. Plus Sprint is giving $125 credit when you bring your # over.

hmm I wonder, if you cancel you contract with tmobile, (assuming you can cancel w/out termination fee) then go to sprint, bring your number and get the credit. $125 off a $199 phone. now that would be a deal..

too bad i'm already a sprint customer lol

deltatko

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
hmm I wonder, if you cancel you contract with tmobile, (assuming you can cancel w/out termination fee) then go to sprint, bring your number and get the credit. $125 off a $199 phone. now that would be a deal..

too bad i'm already a sprint customer lol

I believe its a service credit.

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
$65 for 3 phones or just yours?

It'll be $79.99 for 450 minutes and unlimited text/data for 1 Evo 3D.

$179.99 for 1,500 minutes and unlimited text/data for 3 Evo.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

TBH, if you are looking for android and thought about the iPhone then I would probably reccomend Verizon and grabbing a Droid Bionic or Droid 3. I myself have sprint and I love it, but we have **** choices for phones, I dont know how that's going to change though so if you're willing to give up the iPhone option go for sprint. If not, take Verizon.

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
ROTFLMAOO I PHONE? no..Sprint has the best plans at the moment and when the evo 3d drops people WILL jump ship. I will agree the htc evo 4g was the phone to get no doubt but you talking about something thats about to take storm soon. WE TALKING EVO 3D here. All jokes aside you can get better features for what you pay now and sprint and UNLIMITED to any cell phone calling=WIN

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Everything Data - with Any Mobile, Anytime
Single:
450 $69.99
900 $89.99

This plan includes
* Any Mobile, Anytime: Unlimited domestic calls from the Sprint network to and from ANY U.S. mobile phone regardless of carrier. Any network, any time.
* Unlimited data on our network: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Sprint TV and Radio, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
* Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
* Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges

Family:
1500 $129.99
3000 $169.99

This plan includes
* Any Mobile, Anytime: Unlimited domestic calls from the Sprint network to and from ANY U.S. mobile phone regardless of carrier. Any network, any time.
* Unlimited data on our network: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Sprint TV and Radio, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
* Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges. Lines 1-2 included. Lines 3-5 are $19.99/mo./line.

Simply Everything
Single - $99.99

This plan includes
* Unlimited Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
* Unlimited talk on our network: Anytime Minutes and nationwide long distance

Family - $189.98

-This plan includes
* Unlimited Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
* Unlimited talk on our network: Anytime Minutes and nationwide long distance
* Lines 1-2 included. Lines 3-5 $89.99/mo./line

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You guys are delusional. The EVO was a decent phone. The 3D is a better phone. People are NOT talking about it that much. I know a couple people with an EVO and that's it. Most people thought they were too big (and they were, they still are). This year might be a bit different because ALL the damn phones are that big, unfortunately.

But you think it's really going to get people to switch in droves? No. People looking out for the next big-deal android phone are paying attention, but you're not going to get too many who flip out about it.

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
You guys are delusional. The EVO was a decent phone. The 3D is a better phone. People are NOT talking about it that much. I know a couple people with an EVO and that's it. Most people thought they were too big (and they were, they still are). This year might be a bit different because ALL the damn phones are that big, unfortunately.

But you think it's really going to get people to switch in droves? No. People looking out for the next big-deal android phone are paying attention, but you're not going to get too many who flip out about it.

not sure that I would agree with you about the Evo being a decent phone, almost everyone I know has either an iphone or an Evo or another android phone, android is growing and many people including me thought the Evo was a big phone (display) but after buying it and using it, I can't see myself owning a phone less than 4.3 inches, it'll be way too small for me. Right now in my circle of friends and family, half are Evo and maybe a little less are iphone and blackberry.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Go for it but I would never leave a carrier for a phone (carrier first)...the minute you do something else comes out better on the carrier you left. Do you knows if the carrier will work out for you in your area or where ever you may travel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez