Sprint Early Upgrade for Evo 3D

SpaceCracker

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just signed a 2 year contract last year when I got my Evo 4g. I have the 69.99 plan and it looks like I can only get 75 dollars off. I pre-ordered at Best Buy. Any way of getting a bigger discount or is 75 dollars the most I will get?

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I wish it was a guarantee, but I've made calls, IM's and finally gave up after hearing "I'm sorry sir. There is nothing I can do." In my case I pay $129.99 for base family plan and have 5 lines plus insurance on 2 lines on top of that. At $220 a month I would figure I would still rate a full discount on one line. Nope.

I'm lucky though. My wife still has her upgrade so I'm going to use it.

pakman3000

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I want to use my wife's upgrade so I can replace my EVO. Wouldn't she be required to change her non-4G contract and get one with the $10 4G fee even though it'd be for me?

armdavid2

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I want to use my wife's upgrade so I can replace my EVO. Wouldn't she be required to change her non-4G contract and get one with the $10 4G fee even though it'd be for me?

I've done this before, years ago when I bought a touch pro. Her line gets a new two year contract, but you activate it on your line using her upgrade. I did it through best buy. probably the same thing Im gonna do again

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
Did you check your upgrade eligibility on https://manage.sprintpcs.com/specialoffers/RebateWelcome.do

Like you, I joined sprint last year on the launch day of the EVO4G at the $69.99 plan. This site says I am eligible for a full upgrade for the phone on my account. Interestingly enough it says at the bottom this program ends June 4th.

I had best buy check my upgrade eligibility when I preordered it a couple weeks ago and they also said I was eligible for a full upgrade.

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Did you check your upgrade eligibility on https://manage.sprintpcs.com/specialoffers/RebateWelcome.do

Like you, I joined sprint last year on the launch day of the EVO4G at the $69.99 plan. This site says I am eligible for a full upgrade for the phone on my account. Interestingly enough it says at the bottom this program ends June 4th.

Well consider yourself lucky as I checked and its saying June 6 2012. I guess theres no getting around paying full price for me.

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Radioshack will be able to fix your upgrade for you.

How can Radio Shack fix your upgrade date/eligibility? I'm like others on here who have consistently gotten a full upgrade every year in June, dating back to the Pre, then Evo, figured I'd be getting another one this June for the 3D. However, today I was told by a Sprint rep I'm not eligible until April 2012. I would love to hear how Radio Shack can resolve this as I will drive to my local Shack first thing in the am.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Art. If you got your Evo on launch day he should definitely be able to help you. Keep in mind this is a one time thing and once you use it you will be back to 22 month upgrades.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I screwed myself on mine. I got a $150 updagrade credit on my acct randomly and my GF wanted an EVO. I used it for that not thinking about getting the 3D a few months ago. Supposedly I will be getting a $75 in the next few weeks too. Ill prob sell my Evo and use the $75 to minimize costs

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Art. If you got your Evo on launch day he should definitely be able to help you. Keep in mind this is a one time thing and once you use it you will be back to 22 month upgrades.

I PM'd Art yesterday but haven't heard back from him yet. Did he PM you back or did the upgrade just reappear? Wondering how long I should wait before I explore other avenues.