Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Should we be scared that we haven't seen the FCC clear the 3d yet? I feel like they always post that on Engadget and the like at least a week or two before it is released. I am starting to think July is more likely and I am not happy about it!

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
It could be that Sprint requested that it be kept confidential for a certain amount of time. Last year the Evo didn't surface for a while either (although, it was well before launch.) While not seeing it pass through the FCC isn't going to add to any kind of confidence that it'll be out soon, it doesn't necessarily mean anything either.

toad6386

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I just looked it up...

HTC EVO 4G Pass Through the FCC, WiMAX and all | Android Community

It passed through the FCC on May 7th!!!

Things are really off big time this year!

From what I've read, the common belief is that its ALREADY cleared FCC, just kept confidential per Sprint's and/or HTC's request. Suppossedly, the EVO4G actually cleared BEFORE is clearance was announced. That is coming form the FWIW dept, but my feeling is that it has passed FCC already, and Sprint will realease it mid-late June, with annnoucement 4 June. Again, FWIW.:p

bjk1979

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
June 4th sounds right for anouncement. I have a friend who works at Sprint and the rumor around there is June 18th. Obviously they are in the dark just as much as we are, but hoping it's at least that early!

shrubby

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I read it correctly, I wanted to show when the Evo 4G passed through the FCC for comparison.

You can't compare like that because of the carrier confidentiality agreements with the FCC.
Doesn't mean that that the E3D was even submitted at the same time of year.
Look at how cars are made. They are supposed to come out the summer of every year be they never drop the same time.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The Evo 4g passed FCC in February 2010

HTC requested a confidentiality letter to be held until June 30th, 2010

HTC gave persmission to the FCC to post the documents on May, 2010

It is most likely the EVO 3D has passed alread its just that HTC is making the FCC hold off on releasing the documents.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You can't compare like that because of the carrier confidentiality agreements with the FCC.
Doesn't mean that that the E3D was even submitted at the same time of year.
Look at how cars are made. They are supposed to come out the summer of every year be they never drop the same time.

Well for a while there Sprint was right on track and things seemed pretty similar between this year and last year, I was just following that logic and comparing things from last year to this year. But obviously, this year is different because the only thing that matches up with last year was the introduction of the Evo 3d and that was due mainly because CTIA is at around the same time every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress