evo 4g after the reviews

Still Upgrading?

• Total voters

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I seriously could care less about the reviews. We all saw how fast the phone was and the phone held over 14 hours with ALL radios enabled, the OG evo wouldn't half a day with that.

UndeadNexus

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
First of all, isn't the thread supposed to be "evo 3d after the reviews" Second, the review did affect my decision a little bit but I'm still getting it.

acf3passion

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I AM worried, and this comes from a fanboy who's been drooling and preordered.

It looks like the 2D camera sucks donkey ass, which is a BIG minus for me.

I can't wait more for Galaxy S2. But even that doesn't have qHD, I think its low resolution will get dated fast.

So there is no clear winner phones AT ALL in immediate future for sprint. UGH

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I AM worried, and this comes from a fanboy who's been drooling and preordered.

It looks like the 2D camera sucks donkey ass, which is a BIG minus for me.

I can't wait more for Galaxy S2. But even that doesn't have qHD, I think its low resolution will get dated fast.

So there is no clear winner phones AT ALL in immediate future for sprint. UGH

Don't judge before the phone is out. We'll see for ourselves if it has the problems reviewers claim. Don't get dissapointed before the phone is out.

mgm0918

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Most of the "worries" of the reviewers didn't bother me. The camera (2d or 3d) isn't my biggest concern. I've had my pre for over 2 years and only have a few pics on it. If it's good that's just all the more better. And after looking at some of the pics taken with the E3D in 2D I was pretty impressed so I'm fine with that. Even phone "quality" doesn't bother me. I'm not big on chatting on the phone. So as long as I can understand who I'm talking to it's fine.

I know other people have different opinions and use the camera and phone (as a phone) a lot. But after the reviews (the legit ones, not the bashing ones), I can't see why anyone would be turned away after them. No one has explicitly stated how call quality was and we can't see the 3D images yet.

As long as the data and wifi signals are ok, I'm good to go. I'm more of an email and texting guy. From all the videos the phone seems snappy and responsive. How long till the 24th again?

acf3passion

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't judge before the phone is out. We'll see for ourselves if it has the problems reviewers claim. Don't get dissapointed before the phone is out.

You can see the 2D pics yourselves buddy. That isn't subjective. The pics are quite horrid- looks like my Blackberry.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
the reviews are worrying me as well. I think the original got some sketchy reviews though if my memory serves when it first came out. ?

Ill be watching the forums for the people who get a few days early to see what they say since i have to wait until launch day to even order.

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
needs to be another 1 or 2 categories for those of us that were already questioning whether we will upgrade.

I'm still undecided.

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm still getting it. I have the og evo, and if e3d battery life is better then I'll be good. Im a photographer so I dont really care about the camera or 3d stuff.

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have to admit, that some of the reviews were not what I was hoping to read. However among the reviews posted there is a huge variation in the objectiveness of the reviewer. One says the display is gorgeous, the next says it lackluster. One says Sense 3.0 is great, another says its crap. Great 2D pics, terrible 2D pics. Like others have said, I am definitely getting this device and will make my choice when I'm given a week or so to use it myself. If it turns out that I do not like it (I don't think that will be the case though), then I'm not sure what I will do given that we do not know if the Photon or GSII or something better will be out within a month of 6/24.

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
these reviews seems to be turning out as different as they can possibily be but one thing they all seems to agree is the issue of call quality not being all that great.. Can it really be as bad as they say? Is it something that can be fixed in an upgrade

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Who says I won't?

There is only so much you can do with software vs given lackluster dual lens hardware.

Lol by the way you were talking it seemed that you wouldn't
In this case it can be fixed..... a lot of noobs are making this problem bigger than it should be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NK01UK