Has Best Buy called you about your pre-order?

HootieMacMN

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I know some folks have mentioned that they have appointments scheduled at Best Buy on Friday to come pick up their pre-order. I haven't heard anything from the store I pre-ordered at yet. I called on Monday to see when they'd be doing it and was told maybe late Tuesday. Others on the boards here have mentioned that they weren't expecting calls until Thursday. Just wondering how many people have gotten calls and how many are still waiting like me.

I'm going to try holding off on calling until tomorrow (Thursday). I'm very, very eager for the phone, but don't want to be "that guy". (If I don't get a phone on Friday, however, all aversion to being "that guy" goes out the window and I will go into full blown nerd rage ;) ).

Reactions: sergi0wned

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
They called me to set up an appointment, so I've got that for Friday. I asked if I could just come in tomorrow and she laughed, saying they couldn't sell till Friday anyway. I tried.

But I'll be going during the day to the Sprint store downtown that told me they couldn't do preorders. It'll be easier to deal with since I'll have my kid after work, so hopefully I can get it done in a sprint store

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Pre ordered my original evo and the 3D from the same best buy here in Brooklyn. Someone called me yesterday to setup an appointment for Friday morning. They're actually opening two hours early for launch day this year, which they didn't do last year. Guess they're expecting an Evo related bump in customers.

dtice03

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered from BB too and instead of waiting I just called them yesterday and asked if I could set up an appt. I set mine for Friday at 5pm since I get off of work at 4pm. Kind of strange though that they didn't call at all. I didn't even get the sense from the guy I talked to that the were ever going to call. Oh well, I'll have mine Friday :)

PittsPgh

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I did my pre-order from a Sprint store. Still waiting for my call. Kind of though for me to set an exact time. Being I'm driving truck overnights. Be great if i could get it Fri morning and take it to Cleveland area with me. Test the signal between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Especially since both cities have 4G.

Maybe I'll just try and pop in the store Fri morning whenever I get done.

Paul.

Edit: Just did a store search. My store shows early hours opening. at 8am

Last edited:

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I went to BB today to ask about an appointment for my wifes 3D and I was told that they were not doing appointments, but a first come first serve basis. But keep in mind this BB just opened a few months in a small to town.

HootieMacMN

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Impatience won out and I called. The guy chuckled a bit and said I was 2 names further down on the list he was calling people from. Set my appointment. 12:45 Friday cannot come fast enough!!!!

/does happy dance

dtice03

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I went to BB today to ask about an appointment for my wifes 3D and I was told that they were not doing appointments, but a first come first serve basis. But keep in mind this BB just opened a few months in a small to town.
Whoa.....and you pre-ordered from BB right? Not cool that it would be first come first serve even if you put your $50 down to make sure you get one. Not cool at all.

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
whoa....and you pre-ordered from BB right? Not cool that it's first come first serve even after putting down $50 to guarantee one. Not cool at all.

Yes BB, but when I first walked in, I asked it they had any cases available since I received my phone today, and him not knowing that I had the phone asked if I was buying the phone from them on fri and if I would like to pre-order it. But he also said if you pre-ordered one you are guaranteed the phone, just not doing appointments.

TheNeck

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine this past saturday, and they told me i should be getting a call by tomorrow about picking up my Evo 3D.

The only problem i have is when i preordered it they ran out of those Evo 3D preorder forms to fill out and just rang me up for the $50 preorder charge, and took down my name and number to be reached at. My luck, some how they won't remember to give me a call, or even preorder the phone for me. Just have to wait and see. :D

Evo_84

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
My call came today at 5 as soon as i walked out the office..appt. set for Friday morning when doors open. I had also had a pre order from my sprint store but haven't heard from them yet, either way,im set for Friday.By the way a buddy of mine works at at Best Buy and they just received a "bunch of Evo 3Ds" today.

dtice03

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes BB, but when I first walked in, I asked it they had any cases available since I received my phone today, and him not knowing that I had the phone asked if I was buying the phone from them on fri and if I would like to pre-order it. But he also said if you pre-ordered one you are guaranteed the phone, just not doing appointments.
Oh ok. I was gonna be upset for you if that would have been the case!

davidm99

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I got a call from BB at about 5pm yesterday. Scheduled for 9am. I took the day off from work so I would have ample time to play with it and get used to Android as I am coming from a Palm. Can't wait to take pics and vids of my dogs in 3D!!!