Light leakage?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Does any one else have light leakage on their phones?

Mines leaking all the way around the bottom of the screen from the left side to the right side.

Sent from my 3D EVOlution

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the same. I had light leakage on my 4G as well... At least the screen isn't peeling up in the corner on this (knock on wood.)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Since there is LED light at the bottom to light up the capacitive buttons, there WILL be light leakage. You can tell on all of HTC's devices....

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I got mine. I honestly dont think it is a defect, I think that the led at the bottom is just way too strong. I mean those buttons light up pretty good. To be honest mine has it too, but it feels like different than the annoying light leakage, lol. I cant explain it, my friend has a thunderbolt and that thing had a fat gap between the bottom of the screen and the bottom phone panel, it was like 2 thick dots sticking out, that was just nast. It was like 2 light bulbs on the bottm of the screen leaking through the opening between the body shell and the screen bottom. This doesn't bother me though, this phone is built pretty good, the light is just too strong on the bottom that it shows threw the sides.

I had the nexus the light was bearly visible on that because the capacitive buttons were lit up so light that i couldn't even see them in the sunlight. I am sure if those were lit up like this phone it would show up around sides. I think if HTC toned down on the LED a little it would probably fix it, but they tend to use very bright led.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
As was said its not a light leakage like on other phones at least on both that ive had, it goes up on both sides and it even the whole time so it kinda looks cool, I actually like it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87