Urgent! help needed immediately! phone possibly bricked :'(

Android9876

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
HTC evo 4g LTE
rooted
S-on
TWRP

Somehow managed to format my internal memory. what do i do? and by format i mean literally no files at all. from what i can see in twrp, i have folders but theyre all empty. my os and stuff were in /sdcard since i dont have an external sd card in i guess.
:'(
someone please respond quicky

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing you don't have a nand backup either. I would try downloading a ROM to your computer, plug your phone into the computer, mount usb storage in TWRP (I'm not 100% sure about this part, you may have to mess around with the mount options to get it to work), transfer the rom over to the phone, then flash the rom.

Good Luck!

Reactions: Android9876

Android9876

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing you don't have a nand backup either. I would try downloading a ROM to your computer, plug your phone into the computer, mount usb storage in TWRP (I'm not 100% sure about this part, you may have to mess around with the mount options to get it to work), transfer the rom over to the phone, then flash the rom.

Good Luck!

Im pretty sure i tried that a few times but ill give it another go once i get out of work :-\ I really hope i can find a solution for this. i just got the phone not too long ago :( at least it was good while it lasted lol. thanks for the response

and no i dont have a nandroid backup unfortunately. i do have the twrp backup files. but they dont show up in twrp when i put them in the internal storage. is there a certain place to put them?

Last edited:

Android9876

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Update:
I tried just now to install a rom thru twrp and to no avail.
This is what the install reads:

*Verifying filesystems...
*Verifying partition sizes..
Running boot script...

Finished running boot script.

-- Verify md5 for /sdcard/stock_deo_4.67.zip

-- No md5 file found, ignoring

-- Install /sdcard/stock_deo_4.67.zip ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 0)
*Verifying filesystems...
*Verifying partition sizes...
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/stock_deo_4.67.zip'

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. You've officially moved beyond my somewhat limited knowledge. :(

The only thing I could think of at this point is to run the RUU (ROM Update Utility) to return your phone to a completely shipped from the factory state. Follow this thread at XDA. I would run the 1.13.651.1 version if you want to maintain the easy root and s-off capability, root it, then flash your ROM of choice to get the OTA updates.

Read through all of the posts and make sure you understand what's going on before attempting. I've never ran it, but from what I understand it's basically an installer you run from your computer to restore your phone.

EDIT: Good catch chud, I didn't even notice.
@ Android: Try flashing one of those before going the RUU route.

Reactions: Android9876

Android9876

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to both of you. I'm just going to go the RUU way. I cant waste any more time figuring this out lol. I thought i downloaded a 4g lte rom but i guess thats what lack of sleep does to you heh. Thanks again. I'll post back here when im finished.

cherylbaker

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. You've officially moved beyond my somewhat limited knowledge. :(

The only thing I could think of at this point is to run the RUU (ROM Update Utility) to return your phone to a completely shipped from the factory state. Follow this thread at XDA. I would run the 1.13.651.1 version if you want to maintain the easy root and s-off capability, root it, then flash your ROM of choice to get the OTA updates.

Read through all of the posts and make sure you understand what's going on before attempting. I've never ran it, but from what I understand it's basically an installer you run from your computer to restore your phone.

EDIT: Good catch chud, I didn't even notice.
@ Android: Try flashing one of those before going the RUU route.

I was under the impression that if you are son you could not do this.. If one could than one could undo the taking of the ota.. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699