E4GLTE vs. GS3 - Deciding Factor

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So...styling aside and removable battery aside (for me neither matter enough to make a difference)...the deciding factor will be if the GS3 has a significantly better GPU. It looks like it is going to have the same dual core S4 as the E4GLTE:

http://www.androidcentral.com/dual-core-galaxy-s3-be-offered-some-territories-snapdragon-s4-and-lte

So it comes down to if the GS3 will have an Adreno 3XX or if it will have the same 225 as the E4GLTE.

If they are the same GPU, the E4GLTE will be out sooner, probably has a superior screen, and, hey, it has kickstand and it's an EVO. EVO FTW!

What say you?

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I really wish sprint would let me upgrade again lol..even if the gpu was better in the sgs3 I'd still take the evo, for more than many reasons

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that would probably make me get a GS3 over the E4GLTE is if Samsung reveals an upgraded version of the Galaxy Note and it comes out around the same time as the E4GLTE.

The camera is also deciding factor for me and I know the camera on the HTC One series are really good. Hopefully Samsung can match the quality or make it better.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Time for me, I cant wait any longer... If the GS3 is said to come out with in 2 weeks of the EVO's time then I'll most likely go with Samsung. I like both devices and I see a lot of E4GLTE's but I do believe that by this being in the E4GLTE forum, its biased and more people will automatically choose it.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The decision pretty easy for me.
1. Screen size and quality isn't going to be any better at this point not to mention EVO is non pentile

2. Sense vs touch wiz. Yeah I'll take sense any day

3. S4 chip is going to be a beast over anything coming out this year. If only Sammy won't come out with there exynos 5250 until probably the end of the year at the earliest. Otherwise another point to the EVO.

4. Design of the EVO is a mixed bag for a lot but personally I don't mind it at all. "It's called put a case on it" seriously physically look and feel the phone out. If your not going to buy a phone because of the back casing then you have problems.

5. I can keep going on and on.

andoman

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
It will come down to battery life for me and signal strength, other than that it's not going to matter much unless you game on these things or watch movies.