White EVO 4G LTE?

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

rockyjay

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't done the front because I messed up the screen protector and waiting on the replacement. The back went on easily, but it could have been made larger. A small black boarder is visible along all sides.

Also, looking at the front piece, it looks like they placed the proximity sensor hole on the wring side.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow that looks incredible. I'm really impressed. Everything looks like it fits so well. How hard was it to get it on perfectly? For $5 that's an easy impulse buy, but seriously they messed up the front? Either way, please post a pic whenever you do install it!

rockyjay

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Very easy to install, not as difficult as screen protectors. They actually ship it on a guide that helps you align it perfectly, but the camera lens does get in the way. I just cut the top part off the guide sheet and placed it on separately.

Either way it was easy to pull off and readjust as needed. No water involved. It's made of a heavy duty vinyl. You set it with a blow dryer after you're happy with placement. The best news for me was that it did not turn blue pulling it in and out of my jeans. I might buy another color. They actually offer several colors and prints on Amazon.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Those look pretty nice to protect the phone from abrasions without adding any bulk.

But sheesh, I wish they had a way to filter the patterns on their Amazon storefront. There are hundreds of them in no particular order.

rockyjay

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Those look pretty nice to protect the phone from abrasions without adding any bulk.

But sheesh, I wish they had a way to filter the patterns on their Amazon storefront. There are hundreds of them in no particular order.

I copied the description that came up in the search and added "Evo 4g LTE" that cleaned things up.

rockyjay

May 16, 2010
Visit site
OK here's an update. Unfortunately the top band does seem to cover the proximity sensor. I made a call and the phone immediately went blank. Pressing the power button does turn it back on. I'm sure the top band can be cut off. Also the larger part of the white frame has to sit on top of any screen protector you put on.

Reactions: Shadnic

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Just get a skin and make it any color you want. The EVO is by far the best device sprint has to offer.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If memory serves me currently, white versions did not come out right away. I recall with the original Evo that by the time the white was released I'd had the black too long to be able to exchange it.

Had I thought for a sec there'd be a white version I would've waited instead of being that kid on the block who had to have the latest & greatest first.

Personally both colors should always be made available at the same time.....ijs ....

Tappin' from my SGP 5.0

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
OK here's an update. Unfortunately the top band does seem to cover the proximity sensor. I made a call and the phone immediately went blank. Pressing the power button does turn it back on. I'm sure the top band can be cut off. Also the larger part of the white frame has to sit on top of any screen protector you put on.

Hmm..have you contacted the manufacturer about the proximity sensor thing? Never know, they may be willing to correct it. I suppose you could also just cut it properly

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
If memory serves me currently, white versions did not come out right away. I recall with the original Evo that by the time the white was released I'd had the black too long to be able to exchange it.

Had I thought for a sec there'd be a white version I would've waited instead of being that kid on the block who had to have the latest & greatest first.

Personally both colors should always be made available at the same time.....ijs ....

Tappin' from my SGP 5.0

Yeah the White Evo came out July 11th at Best Buy July 18th Everywhere else

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I noticed today that Phantomskinz has an INCREDIBLE selection of skins colors/patterns/materials for the Evo. These are probably some of the nicest ive seen, and with a cutout for the HTC logo and everything. I'm very impressed, and might even pull the trigger on one of these despite the kind of hefty price tag. The only positive screen-protector experience I've ever had was the phantomskinz I had on my palm pre waaaay back, so I at least have some confidence in their products.

Check them out:

Phantom Skinz Chromatics for HTC Evo 4G LTE- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers

Reactions: JERAVICIOUS

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for providing the link. The skins look great. I remember the white 3D didn't come out until almost six month after launch so this could be a good alternative

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Any update if the White Evo 4G LTE coming out I asked a Best buy employee and Sprint employee and they say a White one wont ever be available for the Evo it will only be available in 1 color. but there a several Google Search that say it will be a white version

Jaymcp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
There's no doubt it's coming just a matter of when. I don't know how much longer I can hold out though, I really want a new phone. Don't listen to those salesmen, they more then likely know less than we do.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Emmanuel11