I've got the EVO - ask me anything!

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there a widget available that allows faster access to turning LTE on and off? (besides going into the settings screen)

If not, hope some enterprising dev can cook one up. Even once the LTE network is up and running, I'm not entirely sure that I'll want to have the E4GLTE running on LTE all the time anyway.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there a widget available that allows faster access to turning LTE on and off? (besides going into the settings screen)

If not, hope some enterprising dev can cook one up. Even once the LTE network is up and running, I'm not entirely sure that I'll want to have the E4GLTE running on LTE all the time anyway.

HTC usually has the airplane mode and 4G toggle widget like in sense 3. Assuming the same for sense 4.

Stock ICS needs it too. Very handy.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Can we get some confirmation on whether the phone supports SVDO? That is, can it do SIMULTANEOUS voice and 3G data?

Internal testing documents from Sprint say it does, as well as FCC docs... The LG Viper on Sprint can already do this (as well as several HTC phones on Verizon), so its not unheard of. It seems like kind of a huge feature to have gone unnoticed by reviewers thus far tho!

It'd be awesome if it can, one less thing to envy from GSM...

bump for this question...

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Can we get some confirmation on whether the phone supports SVDO? That is, can it do SIMULTANEOUS voice and 3G data?

Internal testing documents from Sprint say it does, as well as FCC docs... The LG Viper on Sprint can already do this (as well as several HTC phones on Verizon), so its not unheard of. It seems like kind of a huge feature to have gone unnoticed by reviewers thus far tho!

It'd be awesome if it can, one less thing to envy from GSM...

SVDO on the HTC EVO 4G LTE - YouTube

Reactions: doc31

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe so many people are so used to that limitation that they didn't bother checking for it. I can't remember if the 3G icon normally disappears on HTC products when you make a call; it does on my Motorola.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I don't get that either. You would think something like that would be touted much more.

I agree. Just goes to show how many opportunities get missed by some companies that don't take the time to capitalize on them. AT&T had an entire ad campaign touting simultaneous voice/data. I would think that Sprint would jump on this as a feature to brag about with the EVO... even if it is late to the party.

Well, we have yet to see their ad campaign for the EVO, so we'll see.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Just goes to show how many opportunities get missed by some companies that don't take the time to capitalize on them. AT&T had an entire ad campaign touting simultaneous voice/data. I would think that Sprint would jump on this as a feature to brag about with the EVO... even if it is late to the party.

Well, we have yet to see their ad campaign for the EVO, so we'll see.

Agree. That's a big deal IMO.

abdnach

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Maybe so many people are so used to that limitation that they didn't bother checking for it. I can't remember if the 3G icon normally disappears on HTC products when you make a call; it does on my Motorola.

I can confirm that on the Evo 4G and Evo 3D, when making a call, the 3G icon does disappear! If this video is true (I don't see any reason to doubt it), it's exciting to have this capability and I agree with all of you that Sprint/HTC needs to get advertising that they have this feature!!

@Phil... you are taking too long my friend... we need your review to hold us out until the phones get here in a few days. Do you still live on these forums...lol!!! :)

Tony99f18

May 14, 2012
Visit site
“@InsideSprintNow: sorry so quiet.. been slammed this afternoon. call was pushed back a bit due to scheduling. will know soon hopefully :)

Still some hope for good news today

Jerry2007

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, how many times is the average person actually going to use that feature anyway? How many times will you be on the phone talking and wanting to browse the net for something? Again, the average user. I could understand some special circumstances, but overall, it's really not that big a deal whether you can do it or not.

Also, where's AC's review of this? Hasn't it been long enough?

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't know, how many times is the average person actually going to use that feature anyway? How many times will you be on the phone talking and wanting to browse the net for something? Again, the average user. I could understand some special circumstances, but overall, it's really not that big a deal whether you can do it or not.

Also, where's AC's review of this? Hasn't it been long enough?

I can think of plenty of circumstances. Taking a call while navigation is running; looking up movie times while making plans with someone on the phone; sending someone a file or pictures while describing the adventures you're having on a trip; etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty