Best Buy Price Match...

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
That is what I'm going to try. I'm not going to ask for them to price match there while doing all the gift cards and etc. but just going to go back in a week or two and show them my receipt that the price was 199 and Walmart has it for 150. Hopefully I can get an extra 50 off

I would recommend you call around to local Wal-Marts to see who actually carries Sprint first because if they're busy at BB they may not want to do that.

kmmill00

May 16, 2011
Visit site
So, theoretically, I could take my OG Evo to BB tomorrow with a Walmart ad, and get the new EVO for free..... ?? :cool:

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
The phone isn't even on WM's web site.

True by BB called the one that carries Sprint and they confirmed they have a list price of $150 so even though it wasn't in stock yet they matched it. I guess it helps that I shop at my BB quite a bit and have bought my last several phones there as well as those for hubby and kids (not to mention TV and other appliances). My BB has outstanding customer service which is why I go to them first.

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Preorder? Or did you get it in store?

Mine was a preorder but none of the discounts applied to that. I would say that if they don't have them in yet the discounts should still be good when they do.

I know the price match ($50 there) is always good. If you signed up for the phone freedom then it's good through the end of the year. The email about the $50 off for this phone was good, I believe, through July 1 but you might want to double check that one. They should state it online or at your store.

Hope that helps.;)

Reactions: kmmill00

TKDnerd05

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I picked up my EVO on Tuesday at a best buy mobile store. If you have an OGEVO, preordered the EVO, and are upgrading or starting from scratch the walk out price of the EVO should be around $50. At least that was my experience, and that's with preordering the phone last Friday. I didn't worry and did not do the research on price matching and still came out in my favor. This phone is by far the best phone I've had the pleasure to hold in my hands

kmmill00

May 16, 2011
Visit site
So excited. Went to my BB store, they confirmed the price match, told them I have an OG EVO... The manager there said "with the gift card we give you, you're getting a free phone." Then I reserved my phone for $50. I can't wait until 10 am tomorrow!

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This is what walmart.com shows: HTC EVO? 4G LTE
$599.99 $599.99
Savings with New Activation
Instant Discount
-$340.00 -$340.00
Includes
AC Phone Charger
Micro USB Cable
User Guide

Add/Edit Accessories

Monthly Fee: **
After Rebates
Subtotal: $
Check stores in zip 72205 area to see which stores has them & post.

DubM

May 8, 2012
Visit site
True by BB called the one that carries Sprint and they confirmed they have a list price of $150 so even though it wasn't in stock yet they matched it. I guess it helps that I shop at my BB quite a bit and have bought my last several phones there as well as those for hubby and kids (not to mention TV and other appliances). My BB has outstanding customer service which is why I go to them first.

Did you also get to keep your (or apply your) $50 pre-order gift card as well? Anyone else go back to Best Buy to price match Walmart's price. What did you do to get the discount? Did you get to keep your $50 pre-order discount too with the price match or were they only willing to do one or the other? (Which if the phone is $158 at Walmart it wouldn't make sense to get the price match at Best Buy if they don't let you still apply the $50 gift card as well) I already purchased mine so I would have to go back to BB customer service with my receipt. Any experiences you want to share trying to do this?

ihateyou352

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Can somebody post a screen shot for me of the entire Walmart.com page with the 149.99 price? The lowest I seem to get is 259.99. Thanks in advance!!!

BranLee

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Also, I think price matching is only for "local retailers" so I couldn't take a walmart ad from california and bring it to my besy buy in VA. I have to have the walmart ad from my city.

kmmill00

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I traded my OG EVO, got $50 gift crd for pre order, they price matched to Walmart without even verifying.... I paid $5.99 for this phone. Go Best Buy. :cool:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

laandroiduser

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered through wirefly but don't want to wait an entire week to get my phone. Does anyone know of a brick&mortar store in southern california(LA preferably) to pricematch with if I try to call up one of the local Best Buy stores? I don't see it for $150 on the walmart website anymore.. Thanks! :)

BranLee

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, i finally got my phone (canceled my Wirefly order, sorry) Best Buy told me that they will only price match if the other store has the phone in stock(understandable) but also, it's either price match, or get the 50$ gift card, not both(I was told the employee that told me I could use both was new). So i opted for the gift card. Good luck all

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo