Speaker quality

kandikatt

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Picked up my phone last night from BB and, so far, I'm delighted with it...except the speaker quality. It seems very tinny to me, with a lot of chah-chah and shu-shu sounds if that makes sense to anyone else. (It does in my head, anyway.) I've compared the sound of ring tones and music to my original EVO and the original has a much richer sound for such a small speaker. Thinking this might be a problem and that I'll stop by BB after work to see if they might have a working one to compare it to.
Anyone else having this issue?

RehniePants

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I didnt notice any problems with the speaker. I did notice how easily you can completely block the sound tho. It only comes from that little slit on the back of the phone and if you cover that with your finger it almost completely mutes it. Rather suprising how soundproof the phone is.

cmurgia

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the "tinny" sound, not sure about chah-chah or shu-shu though. It is louder than the 3D, but higher pitched.

Antwonizzle

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I was just gonna make a thread, good thing I found this one... Just compared my phone to an OG EVO and I gotta say the LTE one sucks... My phone on full volume next to the OG and mine can't even be heard, it also sounds drowned out and muffled. I'd say its about half or less as loud as my iPhone 4s :mad:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

photomikey

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Getting rid of an LG Optiumus to go to the EVO LTE, and the Optimus had a better/clearer/louder speaker by 2x at least. Can't even really use the LTE as a speakerphone unless you're in complete silence.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I was just gonna make a thread, good thing I found this one... Just compared my phone to an OG EVO and I gotta say the LTE one sucks... My phone on full volume next to the OG and mine can't even be heard, it also sounds drowned out and muffled. I'd say its about half or less as loud as my iPhone 4s :mad:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I concur! I've posted about this b/f, & the new LTE's speaker doesn't compare to my OG EVO. It's not a deal breaker, so I'll work around it. My OG EVO speaker is probably two + times as loud as the LTE's speaker. Just like you, I did the side by side comparison & the OG speaker drowned out the LTE's speaker. Also noticed it on the GPS when I was driving to work Fri morning. Just not loud enough....

alexwagoner

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I just got my evo 4g LTE yesterday and it seems like it's just as loud as my OG evo's speaker, but the LTE doesn't have the same range as the OG(especially in the ).

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I am happy with it- Maybe not quite as good as the Evo 4G, but is a LOT better than the Evo 3D. I do wish they had put in stereo speakers- it would have made it less likely one speaker was blocked by a case or hand or something. Plus it could project more sound. Only so much room in these tiny cases, though.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I would think if they were gonna integrate beats audio they would've put more into the speakers. Just sayin. Loves blasting music on my og EVO doesn't work so well with the LTE.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87