Battery Life

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Do any of u use juice defender? Under certain conditions, set-ups, etc., my og EVO would last 3 days with moderate use. I was using Android 1.0 tho, not the battery beastware 4.0

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Never heard of that battery app. The big thing with juice defender is it turns radios, WiFi, 3g/4g off while screen is locked. Also limits the frequency email and social networks update to shave some more juice off the battery.

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Do any of u use juice defender? Under certain conditions, set-ups, etc., my og EVO would last 3 days with moderate use. I was using Android 1.0 tho, not the battery beastware 4.0

No, the only battery app thing I use is Badass battery monitor its great. I tried the defender once on my epic touch and was confused with it

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
43edff41-5b83-71ef.jpg

Loving the battery life.
Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My typical day pertaining to battery...

Leave for work at 5am taking my phone off the charger. I'm currently doing some work in a hospital where i am roaming almost the whole day. (working in the basement)

Arrive home from work at 4pm (11hrs later) So Og evo vs Evolte

Og evo would only make the day if i turned off 3g other wise dead by lunch (12pm)
Evolte i left on 3g on in the same area's just to test performance and arrived home with 74% battery remaining.

Now sure i didnt have much use during these hours but phone vs phone in the exact same environment

So for me its been a wonderful battery upgrade...phone's not to bad either lol

creighton

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
No, was I supposed to ;)

Seriously though, during that period of time I've used the phone about the same as I would with any phone. Exchange activesync syncing calendar, contacts, tasks and mail with mail set to push, a seperate e-mail account set to check for mail every 15 minutes, used the web browser off and on (probably a total of 20 minutes or so), used Tapatalk to browse and post to forums (probably another 20 minutes or so), received and sent probably 30-40 text messages, composed and sent about a dozen e-mails (read and/or deleted the others that came in), and used the phone for several calls that totaled probably 30-40 minutes. I also did have bluetooth turned on for several hours during the day when the phone was in my car to test how well it paired.

This is pretty typical usage for me. Certainly it may not be typical of others' usage. For me though, knowing that I can make it through 2 days on battery should the need arise is comforting.

Last edited:

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Everyone should also keep in mind that brand new Li-Ion batteries actually get better after a few/several use/charge cycles. This phone is so new, some of the early reports might even be understating how good the battery life really is.

On the flip side, after the phone has been in service several months, the battery will slowly start to fade. After a year of heavy use or two years of light use, this fading will be very noticeable. Unfortunately, we can't change out the battery when that happens :(

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Everyone should also keep in mind that brand new Li-Ion batteries actually get better after a few/several use/charge cycles. This phone is so new, some of the early reports might even be understating how good the battery life really is.

On the flip side, after the phone has been in service several months, the battery will slowly start to fade. After a year of heavy use or two years of light use, this fading will be very noticeable. Unfortunately, we can't change out the battery when that happens :(

We can't but I was under the understanding that it can be taken to a repair center to be done.

-Sent from my US Customs Edition EVO 4G LTE-

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
[battery replacement]We can't but I was under the understanding that it can be taken to a repair center to be done.

That is a good question that nobody seems to be able to answer yet. The phone is so tightly sealed, I bet it will be a very elaborate and expensive procedure.

z28marols1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
2d 4h 46m 14s on battery with no charging after the initial charge on thursday after activating it. Just hit 15%. Getting roughly the same life as I did with my OG EVO with the 3500 mAh battery.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
So I used my phone all day today without charging it once. I used GPS Navigation, Maps, Internet, made multiple phone calls, posted to AC multiple times, uploaded pics, took over 100 pics at a birthday party and multiple 2-3 minute video clips, and used wifi, bluetooth and 3G. I am now at 5% after 13hrs 37mins after what I call a day of heavy usage! If I would have used my EVO 3D like this it would have been dead after 6-8 hrs, max!

63406408-b2c5-b951.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa