Screen protector and case

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So I looked at bestbuy for a protector and case and ended up finding the same ones at Amazon for cheaper. What is everyone using and where did you buy them?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the awesome blue gel case bought from sprint I got it because my daughter like it I like the extra thickness it gives the phone

from my HTC evo lte that was smuggled through customs in a kilo of cocaine

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I tried the case sold at best buy, the Platinum one, tried it on my phone and promptly returned it. The camera button was rendered unusable and the power button was awkward. I have the zagg hd and am waiting for the skinomi skin to put on the back. I'm thinking I won't get a case, as every vase I have ever used ended up scratching the edges of my phone anyway.

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a Diztronics Matte Back black TPU case and some no-name $5 clear screen protectors (2-pack), both from Ebay. I couldn't be happier.

oO.Crim.Oo

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I got the Seidio Active for $44 on Newegg and Zagg screen protector for $7 for the memorial day sale. :D

MexRex

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I tried the case sold at best buy, the Platinum one, tried it on my phone and promptly returned it. The camera button was rendered unusable and the power button was awkward. I have the zagg hd and am waiting for the skinomi skin to put on the back. I'm thinking I won't get a case, as every vase I have ever used ended up scratching the edges of my phone anyway.

The Platinum case is pretty much the Seidio Surface. They are aware that there is a design flaw. I pm'ed SeidioSedio and they sent me a replacement which I got today. So far the camera button is much better.

chinesejake

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Can I ask why everybody is getting screen protectors? I thought this EVO came with Gorilla Glass? I have the Diztronic case (which I love btw) and am thinking of getting the Steinheil screen protector, but I don't see the point unless I'm missing something...

codejinchu

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Although many phones these days have some sort of scratch resistance it not full proof and many of these glasses are treated with a chemical protection. Meaning when in contact with a strong mineral such as quartz such as sand it will scratch. I had a captivate n one trip to the beach taught me nothing full proof. To have peace of mind I rather have the screen protector. The revalue of a phone that has no scratches is more than one that has a nick. That my opinion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

nickevans1979

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the I'm sorry case from Sprint & HTC. It feels good in my hands. Without the case, I would certainly have dropped the phone numerous times by now.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So am I okay with seidio surface or not? I can cancel for otterbox same price....
Both not from best buy of course...

Last edited:

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
So am I okay with seidio surface or not? I can cancel for otterbox same price....
Both not from best buy of course...

Personal preference ,so it's your choice on what design you feel more comfortable with.

sent from my Evo4LTE