Which apps have you disabled?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You can disable those apps you mentioned by first uninstalling the updates. After the updates are uninstalled the option to disable in in that buttons place.

Thanks a ton!! I was going crazy that I couldn't see the "disable" button!

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Great thread. Only these so far.

Screenshot_2012_06_10_13_07_32.png

Reactions: KoukiFC3S

zhecht

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Dropbox
Dropbox for HTC Sense
Facebook
Facebook for HTC Sense
Google+
HTC Mobile Guide (Uninstalled)
PDF Viewer
Shopper
Sprint Hotspot
Sprint Music Plus
Stocks
Stocks (it's there twice)
Stock Widget
Swype
Transfer
Watch (Uninstalled)
Watch Widget (Uninstalled)

Reactions: KoukiFC3S

AFR_NY

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Bookmark widget
Friend stream
Friend stream (2)
Friend stream widget
Google PLAY MUSIC
Shopper
Sprint Hotspot
Sprint Music Plus
Stock widget
Stocks
Stocks (2)
Transfers
Twitter for HTC Sense
Watch (Uninstalled)

Has anyone disabled HTC Hub/Hub widget? I want to know if disabling this will cause any issues.

Pleasant Pain

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
It looks like a lot of you are on Sprint. However, Verizon has a load of bloated pre-installed apps. I have managed to disable:
The Verizon navigator app (monthly subscription to use)
(what a useless pos that is, and disabling it meant I no longer had to select Google maps as default when navigating everytime!)
The Verizon tones app (monthly subscription to use)
The backup+ media app (monthly subscription to use)

However! While one can disable the HTC sync app, it will still keep a process and service running... even when the device is restarted. BUT STOPPING THAT RUNNING SERVICE WILL BRICK YOUR HTC DEVICE. FACTORY/HARD RESET WILL NOT BRING IT BACK EITHER.

Yes, I did find this out the wrong way. If anyone can suggest how to revive a bricked thunderbolt... I will entertain any ideas.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It looks like a lot of you are on Sprint. However, Verizon has a load of bloated pre-installed apps. I have managed to disable:
The Verizon navigator app (monthly subscription to use)
(what a useless pos that is, and disabling it meant I no longer had to select Google maps as default when navigating everytime!)
The Verizon tones app (monthly subscription to use)
The backup+ media app (monthly subscription to use)

However! While one can disable the HTC sync app, it will still keep a process and service running... even when the device is restarted. BUT STOPPING THAT RUNNING SERVICE WILL BRICK YOUR HTC DEVICE. FACTORY/HARD RESET WILL NOT BRING IT BACK EITHER.

Yes, I did find this out the wrong way. If anyone can suggest how to revive a bricked thunderbolt... I will entertain any ideas.
Can you boot into the bootloader?

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Bookmark widget
Friend stream
Friend stream (2)
Friend stream widget
Google PLAY MUSIC
Shopper
Sprint Hotspot
Sprint Music Plus
Stock widget
Stocks
Stocks (2)
Transfers
Twitter for HTC Sense
Watch (Uninstalled)

Has anyone disabled HTC Hub/Hub widget? I want to know if disabling this will cause any issues.

Can't disable stocks, its greyed out...

Pleasant Pain

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't know what is meant specifically by bootloader. I will look that up when I can. It was stock, non-rooted, upgraded to v4.0.4, I believe... I can say that it doesn't even finish loading the thunderbolt screen into the HTC sense launcher. Since it's a paperweight now, I feel like I'd be willing to try recovering it using techniques I'm inexperienced with before I attempt experimenting with my new device.