Seidio CONVERT Combo Holster

mikepolinske

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I got the Seidio Convert Combo case (the Deal of the Day a few days ago).

I love the SURFACE case and rugged skin, but have a problem with the holster.

When I have the phone in the holster on my belt, it turns the phone off.when I am walking.

Anybody else buy the case and come across this problem?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought the convert combo but haven't used it, as I needed a case right away. so I went out and bought the otter box defender and I refuse to take it off. I like that much...:):thumbup:

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the terrible pics on their website, it looks like the holster clip is offset and positioned over the power button. I could easily see that as being a pressure point, turning the phone off. They have a great return policy so either get a hold of them (instead of us) or give it some time to break in and see if some of that pressure dissipates.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the terrible pics on their website, it looks like the holster clip is offset and positioned over the power button. I could easily see that as being a pressure point, turning the phone off. They have a great return policy so either get a hold of them (instead of us) or give it some time to break in and see if some of that pressure dissipates.

I have heard complaints about that and I think according to a post on this site, they have made a new case with slight modifications for the button area.

mikepolinske

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought the convert combo but haven't used it, as I needed a case right away. so I went out and bought the otter box defender and I refuse to take it off. I like that much...:):thumbup:

I;m off work tomorrow, so I think I'll take a spin by Best Buy and check out the Otterbox.

I think the holster probably would have worked fine with the original EVO 4G, but HTC must have moved the power button in further on the EVO 4G LTE.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Bummer, i bought the red/black one off ebay last week and when / if it arrives i hope it doesnt accidently turn off my phone.

thanks for the heads up.

mikepolinske

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the Otterbox Defender today at Best Buy (I know I could have gotten it cheaper online, but I wanted it today:) )

I really like it. Very solid and it clicks securely in the holster with nothing near the power button to turn it off.