Google Voice and Text Messaging question

euge810

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So I am coming from a Motorola Photon to the HTC EVO 4G LTE. With the Photon, I had Google Voice integrated and texts would show up on the phone as a regular text message and be "CC'd" on to Google Voice. (Except any MMS pics and vid messages.) Since moving from the Photon to the EVO 4G LTE, Google Voice hasn't been receiving any of the texts at all. I liked the fact that I could have my texts saved to Google Voice so I could clear texts from the phone and they'd be archived. Any ideas on how I can get texts to the phone AND Google Voice? Hopefully I'm just overlooking a setting, but I have a feeling Motorola is more integrated than HTC.

Another thing I just noticed, ever since I changed phones, the Google Voice Inbox via the web won't let me send or reply to texts. Something I used to be able to do with the Photon. Hmm...

Last edited:

Brandito

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I had to disable and then re enable Google voice integration during activation. Go to the Google voice site and try that. Should work.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I just had to re-enable it when I upgraded but yeah, it doesn't stay connected with your number without you telling it to.