Had the S3 for 45 days. Took it back. Now I have a real phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrod4422

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well earlier I wrote this long ass post as to why the S3 sucks and why I went and got the Evo LTE, but when I hit submit the internet screwed up and it went bye bye. Anyways, I have made the switch from the S3 and couldnt be happier. Its better in every single aspect except one. The S3 had a pretty sweet alarm clock. The EVO wins in screen, battery, looks, feel, button placement, smooth UI, and many others.

The S3 texting and keyboard was like typing on a 15 year old virus infested computer. I had the original Evo and loved it and honestly dont know why I got the S3 for my upgrade. I think it was my love for everything else they make like tvs and appliances. I'm glad I went back to what I know: An awesome phone.

If anyone here is on the fence on getting one of these phones or if you have a question on why you shouldnt get the S3, please ask me and I would be glad to explain.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and views. Bashing a phone just because it didn't fit your needs or likes isn't fair to everyone else and could give a false opinion of the phone/manufacturer.

I personally am not a big HTC fan but I don't stand up and say it's junk giving others a false impression.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jrod4422

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and views. Bashing a phone just because it didn't fit your needs or likes isn't fair to everyone else and could give a false opinion of the phone/manufacturer.

I personally am not a big HTC fan but I don't stand up and say it's junk giving others a false impression.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Sorry if that offended you, I see you have a Samsung. My need was a smart cell phone, and the S3 that I HAD was basically a paperweight. It stopped autocorrecting and the lag on the keyboard was unbearable. The battery was terrible. It was pretty much plastic all around. There were few things I enjoyed about it. I'm not saying it wont fit someone elses needs. I'm sure there are many people out there who want a phone by a popular manufacturer that takes great photos but you dont need to ever text anyone, ever. Then the S3 is a great phone and I recommend it to you. People can make their own decisions and one persons opinion is just that; we dont need you to come here and tell everyone that what I posted was opinion and not fact. Everything on here is opinion. I dont see the point to your post except for maybe boosting post counts. Thanks for the bump tho.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Actually I've had every EVO and I current have the LTE and I'm thinking about the Note 2. I'm personally not a fan of Samsung phones but that Note 2...Wow.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if that offended you, I see you have a Samsung. My need was a smart cell phone, and the S3 that I HAD was basically a paperweight. It stopped autocorrecting and the lag on the keyboard was unbearable. The battery was terrible. It was pretty much plastic all around. There were few things I enjoyed about it. I'm not saying it wont fit someone elses needs. I'm sure there are many people out there who want a phone by a popular manufacturer that takes great photos but you dont need to ever text anyone, ever. Then the S3 is a great phone and I recommend it to you. People can make their own decisions and one persons opinion is just that; we dont need you to come here and tell everyone that what I posted was opinion and not fact. Everything on here is opinion. I dont see the point to your post except for maybe boosting post counts. Thanks for the bump tho.

I'm glad you found humor in my post. First it doesn't matter that I have a Samsung, doesn't mean that I'm pro Samsung and I was never offended. I seriously gave consideration to the EVO 4G LTE back months ago, was willing to pay the early upgrade fees to get it but in the long run decided it wasn't for me. I however don't take to the forums and claim that it "sucks" or write a "long ass" post. Words and comments like that give a bad impression to start to those looking in these forums for objective reviews and commentary on a device.

Both the HTC and Samsung phones are awesome performers, both are tops for high end smart phones and I honestly it believe it comes down to a few things like the battery (removable/non removable), UI (Sense/Touchwiz) and display (Pentile/non pentile) that sets these phones apart. Sounds like the problems you were having were things that could of been corrected or fixed in the end by getting a replacement if all else failed. Battery I won't even acknowledge as battery is the product of each persons usage habits.

My reason for my post originally was to clarify this was opinions and not to be taken very seriously since it was apparent you didn't like the SGS 3 and felt the need to say it sucked or attempt a long ass post saying that you "Now have a real phone.... "

As for boosting post counts, trust me this thread won't be helping in that manor one bit ;)

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd been boasting the EVO for some time well my gf is getting the s3 so I'm gonna get a chance to see the pros and cons of both side by side.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

primevyl

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Yikes. This place is getting sensitive...Paul.

If opinions affect you so, don't read them.

In other news, is the EVO 4g Sprint's flimsy version of the Rezound's magnificence?

<<<?Sent from my Rooted (soon to be) 64+ gig Rezound!>>>

jrod4422

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Actually I've had every EVO and I current have the LTE and I'm thinking about the Note 2. I'm personally not a fan of Samsung phones but that Note 2...Wow.

I would have considered the Note had it been available on Sprint. I tried it one day at a Samsung kiosk at the mall and I won a $100 gift card just for playing with it. It certainly was a cool device and got my approval since they gave me money for stopping by. It did look a little silly holding it up to my ear though.

jrod4422

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd been boasting the EVO for some time well my gf is getting the s3 so I'm gonna get a chance to see the pros and cons of both side by side.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

At least your gf is going the android route. My gf still swears by the iphones, but I dont mind it that much, they are simple easy-to-use phones. My brother was upgrading last week and already was planning on getting the EvoLTE so I didnt need to sway him in any way. Who knows maybe mine was a lemon, but I had found people with similar complaints to what I had, and the battery complaints were pretty much unanimous. Hope your gf gets a good one.

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
At least your gf is going the android route. My gf still swears by the iphones, but I dont mind it that much, they are simple easy-to-use phones. My brother was upgrading last week and already was planning on getting the EvoLTE so I didnt need to sway him in any way. Who knows maybe mine was a lemon, but I had found people with similar complaints to what I had, and the battery complaints were pretty much unanimous. Hope your gf gets a good one.

That's the same thing with my sister. She thinks that the iPhone is amazing and the best. I agree that it is a easy device to use because it is basically an app drawer.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

jrod4422

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought about that also... Must of been your lucky day or you have a very good friend at your local Sprint store ;)

Well it was a little longer I suppose. Got it August 21, returned it sunday. At first the guy said no you cant return the phone once you pass 30 days but I mentioned that Best Buy reward zone silver members got a little more time to return things, so he looked me up and confirmed I was a best buy rewards zone silver member and said I was good. I didnt say anything about it possibly being a few days over 45(thats what it says on the receipt is the max for silver members to return stuff) so nothing came of it. I went in there to get a new Evo and if not at least get a new S3. I have the insurance on the phone so getting a new S3 wouldnt have been a problem. Luckily they let me exchange it without any hassle.

Another reason this one trumphs the S3 is you can turn off the camera shutter sound by putting the phone on vibrate. The only possible way to turn it off on the S3 was through rooting and I dont have a clue how to do that. I know some people dont mind but I hate that noise and there is no reason to have it.

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
You can cut off the shutter sound in the camera settings without root on the s3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

cdclark12

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Had the EVO LTE and took the POS back. Got the GS3 this time and much nicer phone. EVO battery sucked, HTC company ran by a bunch of a** banging Satan worshipers. Hope I didn't offend anyone with my ignorant comments. Note sarcasm.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
This discussion has been done to death

EVO has better screen (and better benchmarks, which is ironic considering how SII owners were always so proud about being on top of the pack about these last year)
EVO has kickstand/hardware cam button
S3 has removable battery
S3 has 2gb RAM

They're booth equally smooth, battery life is pretty much equal (as far as I know), and both have great cameras. The real difference is Sense vs Touchwiz. And even that can be changed...

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Both are amazing phones. OP just wanted to get a rise out of people. That's cool the Internet is now capable of censoring stupid threads, too bad it missed OP's 2nd one. If you struggle to post threads without messing it up, it's little wonder you couldn't handle the S3.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Something to add also is that Sprint does not have to comply with Best Buy return policies. you also can't return a BB purchase to a carrier store. It has to do with the contract you sign when purchasing from BB. I have bought my last 2 devices from BB as a silver member also, and was told these things clearly. It is the same way that you can't take a device bought from a carrier store to BB for return.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty