No service still after hard reset

JohnnyRanz

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Usually at work I have no service because I work in electronics store (and others with Sprint have bad service as well in store) but I managed to get a phone call through before. However now that I am home, where I have an air rave and usual good service I have no service. Big giant X, looking for service. Hard reset twice, still no luck. I live in Staten Island, NY, which is in NYC. I don't think it's the Sprint service, but my dad has brand new GSIII and he didn't have service at home yesterday either. So I have no idea. But my patience is wearing thin with this phone and Sprint. I'm almost willing to pay early termination fee to switch to Verizon. Anyone know of anything else I can do, besides talk to Sprint on this issue with service?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
My dad had a similar problem recently, so I connected his phone to wifi and updated his profile. Then his service started working again. If this method doesn't work, then it must be sprint doing something with the towers.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Id lean toward a tower issue. Its one thing for your phone to have no service, but if someone else in the same area / house also has no service that would make me think tower/system

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of anything else I can do, besides talk to Sprint on this issue with service?

If it isn't just a tower issue I would check the phone info and verify the phone number and the username.

Settings > About > Phone Identity. Or you can just ##786# and see the info there as well, plus extras.

Mine totally tanked awhile back and it wouldn't talk to the network at all, so even doing a profile update was worthless. I had to do the REAL hard-reset.

JohnnyRanz

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Just came back from Sprint, one of the antennas in my phone is broke. Sales rep asked if I wanted a GSIII and said hell yeah. You guys have been a huge help and I appreciate it but after the OG EVO and EVO 3D this phone wasn't close to the reliability of those. It was a no brainer in my opinion.

JohnnyRanz

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I think it helped having a friend that used to work at Sprint and another who takes care of me and the guys I work with lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez