Bugs in Jelly Bean

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
If you don't love the new keyboard, there are versions similar to the older keyboards, like Gingerbread and ICS on Google Play. Several are free.

Install, go into Language & Keyboards, turn them ON, then go into the Swype keyboard (counterintuitive) to use its Keyboard selector to pick one of the downloaded keyboards. That's the only way I figured out how to activate the ICS keyboard that I downloaded for free.

I noticed on the ICS keyboard that the haptic feedback is much stronger than the haptic on the new stock keyboard.

We need a better shortcut to switch keyboards within apps (not just between the 4 layouts included in the new HTC Sense default keyboard)....If anyone knows a better way to switch keyboards within an app please advise.

jbrooks544

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
annoying change: power/battery usage report now doesn't show the display usage! the # 1 battery using thing. also, my Swype beta auto spacing doesn't work in my maxthon browser, annoying.

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
a few bugs ive noticed.

when unlocking the screen the status bar turns its normal color then back to transparent, wasnt there in ics

twice so far sense home has lagged horribly requiring a restart then goes back to normal

htc hub is missing, probably not a bug but HTC is well known for saying they wont be taking away functions with thier phones. yet continue to do so on every update

oehrensperger

May 10, 2012
Visit site
We need a better shortcut to switch keyboards within apps (not just between the 4 layouts included in the new HTC Sense default keyboard)....If anyone knows a better way to switch keyboards within an app please advise.

Whenever your keyboard is up, a notification shows up on the tray. Pulling it down, you'll see "choose input method." Tap it and choose your keyboard of preference. The keyboard must be activated under settings to show up in the list.

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It's about the 5th time so far that the mic icon has disappeared from the stock keyboard.

Each time I've done a hard reboot to restore that mic to the keyboard for access to Google Voice Typing. This last time I did a quick restart and it restored the mic.

But the bug is that the mic keeps disappearing. It's not app-specific, the glitch is across all apps.

It does it even when the keyboard is the only input for the app, such as the stock messaging app.

BDHender

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the proximity sensor issue. This must be tied to brightness. My phone goes blank indoors when I make a call. You have to touch the power button to be able to hang up. I turned off the auto brightness and raised the brightness setting. The screen no longer goes blank but the proximity sensor does not work. With the phone in bright sunlight and auto-brightness set the proximity sensor works normally.

bryan

321contak

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the proximity sensor issue. This must be tied to brightness. My phone goes blank indoors when I make a call. You have to touch the power button to be able to hang up. I turned off the auto brightness and raised the brightness setting. The screen no longer goes blank but the proximity sensor does not work. With the phone in bright sunlight and auto-brightness set the proximity sensor works normally.

bryan

Yes, exactly. It only works in bright areas/rooms. Fix needed from HTC

quorra

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Day 2 after the update and we are already up to 305 posts of bug issues. HTC had all that time to get this thing ready. Even would seem that they gave themselves an extra month what with the first leak on the release dates. Yet here we are.

To be fair, the majority of posts are duplicates. And several things mentioned here aren't considered "bugs". I personally have had no issues whatsoever with the update. I feel like I have a new phone! It's working better than it did on ICS.

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a new bug (I think). I had my phone charging overnight, and when I unplugged it this morning, the red charging led stayed on, and the battery icon in the task bar showed the charging lightning bolt, even though the phone was fully charged. I tried re-plugging and unplugging the charger, but I couldn't get it to change until I did a restart. Not sure if this is a one time thing, so I'll have to keep an eye on it.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to offer my experience, I've had none of the issues pointed out here except the new power saver in the drop down shade "feature". No issue with streaming music, no touch weirdness...in fact, I'm seeing increased performance across the board in applications and navigation. Perspective is always hinged on your experience...mine has been positive this far.

Jack

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Fyi I have the proximity /phone call bug. No biggie,, I can live with it until the fix comes. I rather have this little bug than the contacts bug and that seems to be fixed. I probably make 2 phone calls a month on this lol, seriously. Everyone knows to text me and not call me, I hate talking on the phone.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
When in the car app streaming audio through blue tooth and using navigation the music is skipping like crazy. Had a few crashes too.

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Slackerjack, I haven't encountered much in the way of issues either. I haven't noticed a change in performance, but I wasn't having problems in that area before. So, for me, having a couple small issues is not enough to doom the whole update, but I realize some people are having bigger issues.

Here's my experience so far:
- My MHL adapter wouldn't work when I first tried it, but I eventually figured out that the power adapter needs to be plugged into the adapter. Before then update, the extra power wasn't required.
- The camera noises can't be turned off. The only current workaround is to plug in headphones (or just a plug). It's not a big issue for me, but it definitely can be for others. And you never know when it might become an issue, since there are multiple scenarios where you might legitimately need to take pictures silently (not creepshots!).
- The power saver setting always in the drop down is just a minor annoyance.
- The charging bug with the led that I mentioned above occurred once, so I don't know if it will be a reoccurring problem.

So far, those are the only issues I've noticed. Out of those four, I've already solved one. The other three don't affect the use of the phone that much. Or at least they aren't preventing me from using my phone like before the update. The charging issue I could see as being a bigger problem down the line. I especially wouldn't want to have to restart my phone every time I take my phone off the charger. But overall, these issues aren't that bad. I did have an issue with wifi not connecting at work, where it would get into a connect/disconnect loop, but I haven't been able to check that yet to see if the update helped. But at the very least, my wifi hasn't gotten worse in any way that I can see. So my conclusions after only a couple days is that the update has a few issues, but nothing too big for me. I'll just have to wait and see how it continues to function.

JMLuppino27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Regarding wi-fi i was unable to connect to my d-link router. I tried every trick in the book and even a few that weren't and was still unable to connect to it. Drove me INSANE considering that both my Asus Transformer Prime tablet and the wife's Nexus, both on JB, had no problems except poor reception. Regardless they both worked and my Evo wouldn't. Purchased a Netgear router tonight and it worked like a charm with all devices receiving a strong steady signal. Sadly i cant report why d-link responds poorly or even not at all to the JB update, just that it doesn't!

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
And here is how to turn off that camera sound. Thanks to those who gave the idea to cut the headphone cord. This, and htc hub being gone are my only complaints. I feel like I have a new phone with Jelly Bean :D

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355618016697.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355618016697.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 44

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok: the phone thing bothered me with the screen but the voicemail REALLY bothers me.

Another thing I noticed. The phone storage. 4gb of other. What is that?! I keep getting a message that the phone storage is low and it prompts me to delete things to clear up space. I thought it was something left over so I wiped the phone and installed a backup of the og software. I went and looked at storage and it was good. So I upgraded again and then look at it. 4gb of other. The hell. I still have a few gb left which is more than enough but it keeps prompting me that it's low.