google now on jb

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
On my Galaxy nexus, I can gesture from the bottom of the display up to open Google Now. Very nice to be able to get into Google Now so quickly. I can't seem to do that on my brothers EVO LTE. Is there a way to enable this?

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
On my Galaxy nexus, I can gesture from the bottom of the display up to open Google Now. Very nice to be able to get into Google Now so quickly. I can't seem to do that on my brothers EVO LTE. Is there a way to enable this?

Set a voice search shortcut

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

I don't think so. But I can't imagine it is all THAT much faster than long-pressing the Home key.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Set a voice search shortcut

Yep, that can be done too. Just place the voice search on the bottom bar and it is even faster than swiping. Note that if you have "Google [Spy] Now" turned on, it will take you to that. If you have it off, it will just do the traditional voice search.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that can be done too. Just place the voice search on the bottom bar and it is even faster than swiping. Note that if you have "Google [Spy] Now" turned on, it will take you to that. If you have it off, it will just do the traditional voice search.

Nova prime has gestures but it costs money

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

That is not true.. If I'm in a full screen app I would have to go home first to get the app. Google now is amazing. HTC made a mistake leaving this gesture out of sense.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
That is not true.. If I'm in a full screen app I would have to go home first to get the app.

Ah, that is an excellent point I didn't consider. I will note, however, that some apps will disable that type of functionality, anyway. For example, on my Nexus 10, when I am playing Airport Mania 2, I cannot get to the pull downs for notifications or adjustments, I have to go "home" first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii