New Update coming to EVO 4GLTE?

calvinserrano

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I went to a Sprint Tech store in CO today to get a new Optimus G upgrade from an old LG Optimus S for my older brother. I have an LTEvo and I (of course) got Jellybean. As a person who sees minor to major flaws in build 3.15.651.16 710RD (Jellybean), I asked them, (the Sprint tech people) when these flaws were going to be fixed.
  • Battery Life
  • Proximity Sensor
  • Power Saver mode (I know that is a feature that is common in most HTC Jellybean devices, but its bugging the crap out of me)
  • Some Google Apps not working (Youtube over 3G and LTE, Google + not working)
  • Crashing/slow loading of some pre-installed apps (Facebook, Sprint Zone)

They see many people coming in with their LTEvo's with build 3.15.651.16 come in and complain all about it day.

They told me that an update was coming our way, and maybe when the Network update pushes it through, those flaws should be fixed.

Can anyone confirm this man I was talking to?

calvinserrano

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
It still takes a long time to fix the problem if this problem just happened on your device.

The battery life and the proximity sensor were the top biggest complaints in forums like these as well as sprint stores for having a hard time to hang-up calls, and having 8-hour less of battery life. If everyone complained about it and brought it to Sprint stores, obviously Sprint is going to do something about it.

rob060

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I dont think is gonna be fixed. Arent there legal talks around this sort of thing going on right now? I think the update was the fix

I saw mention of that but in the same thread someone also said that there are no laws like this in the us. Only in Asia.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm still recommending a factory reset for anyone with battery life issues. I've been on the JB version of MeanROM for a while now but on release day I was running on a stock (but rooted) ROM with battery life just as good as I had on ICS. Even with official updates a dirty upgrade isn't the best way to do things.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm still recommending a factory reset for anyone with battery life issues. I've been on the JB version of MeanROM for a while now but on release day I was running on a stock (but rooted) ROM with battery life just as good as I had on ICS. Even with official updates a dirty upgrade isn't the best way to do things.

For most people it is just a matter of turning off location history. Battery problem solved. If not, THEN try a factory reset.
The camera noise disable will likely not come back.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
For most people it is just a matter of turning off location history. Battery problem solved. If not, THEN try a factory reset.
The camera noise disable will likely not come back.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ I had fiddled around with the Location History in ICS and it ALWAYS drained the crap out of my battery. I think many people are checking off boxes not knowing what they do when turning Google Now on.

dagold99

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Did a factory reset. Did not fix problems. Received a REPLACEMENT PHONE and everything seems to work. No crashes with Google Nav. Now works great. I would recommend that people who are having problems go into their sprint store and tell them you want a replacement phone. It worked for me.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend that people who are having [software] problems go into their sprint store and tell them you want a replacement phone. It worked for me.

AFTER trying a factory reset first. If you don't, that is the first thing they are going to do (and rightfully so).

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
A factory reset help me out put still drains faster thenmy wife evo that I left on ice and Will not download in till some fix comes out

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

padre1357

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, the only fix i found is a different brand phone. I bought a perfect working phone in july, leaving Blackberry after over 4yrs.i updated in sept cause sprint nor rim ever gave love to BB owners. ever since then its been downhill.goin Sammy next week. This hasnt been a very good experience for a newb to android

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
When I first updated I thought something got messed up. So I did a fill wipe of the phone and installed the first day os. Wiped again and upgraded. The same issues were still there for me.

Honestly the biggest one that I even notice anymore is the sensor.