Volume buttons control media volume instead of ringer volume

reddingb

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
On the issue with the volume rocket starting out with media. Go into settings and make sure on the sound section the make media your default was turned on by mistake. Turn off if it was. Problem fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

shelda

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
I was having the same issue. This was my fix: go to settings , then Sounds and Vibrations, and make sure to turn off the " Use volume key for media" this will fix that problem .

Wow thank God I've used this method it has really worked out thank u

Last edited by a moderator:

Triple-G

Sep 19, 2022
Visit site
I know this post is pretty old, but hopefully there's someone that finds my response helpful.

I too am having issues where the volume buttons only control the media. I found an app called "Volume Styles" that includes a widget. See attachment.

What's cool about this widget is that it's no bigger than a normal app icon and when clicked on, it expands and displays the control panel.

I was able to set up the widget where I can simply press a toggle to turn off the ring, notification, and media volumes (& turn them back on based upon a preset volume set up).

The widget also allows you to do other things, include adding app shortcuts.

This "Volume Styles" app/widget works well for me, as I could not find anywhere that would tell me how to change my volume up & down buttons to default to ring volume instead of media volume.

Attachments

• IMG_20220919_195343.jpg
    IMG_20220919_195343.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez