want the latest radios

Mescobar2014

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted, s-on, HBOOT 1.19, Baseband 1.12.11.0809. I am currently running the latest version of Mean Bean. I have tried to achieve s-off many times with no success. I have no idea how to use facepalm, and don't want to use linux in order to use dirtyracun to get s-off. A have also tried using RUU to get back to stock and intsall stock updates manually, but i can't get that to work on my computer. I was wondering if i flashed an ics deoxed rom, if i would be able to apply a firmware update in the settings to get update the rom and radios?

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
You could do that, but it would break your root. The easiest thing you can do here is to download an Ubuntu iso, burn it to a disc and just boot to it, no need to partition or install anything. Then get s off from there.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Try Linux mint. Its ubuntu based and has more fixes for it. The latest version 15 comes with the latest stable Linux kernel that has almost every WiFi driver with it.

It even recognized my b-link (generic Korean d-link) adapter. Of which I had to custom build drivers for in Ubuntu as the driver included in the CD is for Linux kernel 2.6.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually I'm quite surprised the community hasn't made them flashable from custom recovery. The evo lte community must be much smaller then the og evo 4gs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah kinda of but it seems like elte is a hard to develop for and there is one called moonshine now as well

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

scruff24

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Will the firmware /radios help w/ Meanbean quirks? (have the latest Meanbean 3.09) Lately mine works fine all day then when I get back to my home area I have issues making/receiving calls. Sending/receiving texts. Called Sprint to see if towers in my area are being worked on....they named off several zip codes near me...which makes sense..but why are there issues after 5pm? Didn't do it last evening though...so maybe those upgrades are done? Just frustrating. Have tried reseting phone, rebooting, powering off and on. Resetting profile/prl. Nothing seems to be the silver bullet. It just all of the sudden starts working again...several hours later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non