Can't view my photos on my laptop!

kiddosk

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I have been a faithful HTC user for years, but that may be changing soon!

Last night I wanted to download a few of the pictures from HTC Evo 4G LTE to my laptop. I connected my phone and tried to browse my photos. No such luck! All it shows is icons, no thumbnails, and no way to change that. I could only decide what size icon I wanted, or if I wanted a list or detail view. I tried two different phones and on two different computers, one running Win 7 and one running Win 8. I have always been able to browse my photos before. I tried using the HTC app and navigating through my computer to the external drive. Neither worked.

I did consider syncing the phone, but I swore I would never do that again. The last time I synced a phone, it uploaded every email address from my computer to my contacts. I spent over 3 hours deleting hundreds of email addresses from my phone book. I called my carrier, and they transferred me to HTC support. HTC support told me it was my carrier's issue, and the carrier said it was HTC's. I'm ready to jettison BOTH!

I am open to suggestions. I do not want to download all 858 photos just to find the three I want. :mad:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Don't you have a Dropbox account or use Google backup? Easiest way to view photos on multiple devices.

Otherwise what about swapping your sd card to your computer to look at your pics. Always send to work better for me.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

kiddosk

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Call me a little paranoid, but I refuse to store anything in the clouds. I'm sure I will eventually become enlightened, but right now I am being stubborn. As for the SD card, I have a Surface Pro with no SD slot.

kiddosk

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, not working. The app is downloaded on both my phone and laptop. Unfortunately it is not detecting any of the files on my phone, including my pictures. I didn't even have to download it on my phone. I was downloading it on my laptop, and it automatically downloaded on my phone. Still doesn't work. It tells me there are no files on my phone. What am I doing wrong?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone connecting using MTP or PTP protocol?

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

kiddosk

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I kind of thought it was blue tooth. I downloaded the app on my laptop, and it automatically downloaded it to my phone. What am I missing? My phone and my laptop (tablet) are already connected via blue tooth.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I meant connecting via USB. That doesn't work?

I thought AirDroid works over your Wi-Fi network as well. It might work better over Wi-Fi.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

kiddosk

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I connected it using the USB. It's slow, but at least I can see the pictures. Now...should I be able to connect to my computer when I am away from home? BTW, thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Connecting to your computer when you're away from home is trickier. You could use a remote desktop app like Splashtop.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member