[RECOVERY] TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.0RC0.2 [2011-12-22]

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Introduction:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Team Win Recovery Project 2.0, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:
-Ability to save custom recovery settings
-Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
-XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout – true theming!
-Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
-Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
-Ability to choose to compress backups – now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
Note:
Be sure to scroll down to the 4th post and click the link at the bottom for bigger screens of the different themes provided by SmokeCrawler

Theming:
Information on TWRP 2 Theming

Known Issues (affects all devces):
-There is currently an issue when restoring from backups, it is not able to wipe data during a restore.
-Invalid or corrupt zip files will crash or hang recovery (AOSP issue)
-Zip files that install more data than free space is available will crash or hang recovery (AOSP issue)

Disclaimer:
Team Win strives to provide a quality product. However, it is your decision to install our software on your device. Team Win takes no responsibility for any damage that may occur from installing or using twrp.

Special Shout Outs:
-Core twrp 2 development team: agrabren, Dees_Troy, ViViDboarder, and AssassinsLament
-Toastcfh – for his underappreciated dedication to the community
-s0up and kevank for their hard work on the web side of things.
-The rest of Team Win: shift, onicrom, netarchy, kevank, myndwire, bigbiff, dkelle4, shinzul, spiicytuna, and eyeballer
-Amon_RA - for his great Recovery
-Koush - for his dedication to the community and ClockworkMod
-For all the help with devices and testing Akmzero, arif-ali, Evil_DevNull, gus6464, Jesusice, Pyrostic, [R], and Rootzwiki
-As always thank you to the Team's supporters and the Android Community.

Source Code:
Git Hub
Note that twrp 2 code may not be available right away and that the GUI code is planned to remain closed-source, sorry.

If you have made your own twrp build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Support:
Click here for live support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers

Download:
PC36IMG-twrp-supersonic-2.0.0RC0.2.zip

twrp-supersonic-2.0.0RC0.2.img

Donate to TeamWin Recovery

***copied and pasted from original post on TeamWin's PAGE***
***All thanks go to TeamWin***

Last edited:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
ChangeLog:

2011-12-22 - RC0.2
-Fix issues with wiping data on MTD devices
-Fixed factory reset/wipe issues

2011-12-21 - RC0.1
-Update recovery.fstab to fix sd-ext issues (no code updates)

2011-12-17 - v2.0.0
-Initial release of twrp 2
-Full GUI touchscreen with buttons and XML engine
-Fixed sdcard free space checking
-Fixed bugs with MD5 zip file checking
-Now check more places for a serial number
-Too many fixes versus twrp 1.1.1 to list

2011-10-05 - v1.1.1
-fixed fix permissions bug
-fixed md5 checking for zip install

2011-10-05 - v1.1.0
-brand new nandroid process with more error checking and supports ext3/ext4 types of devices
-sdcard partitioning is available for devices with a sdcard (courtesy of koush from CWM source)
-can choose multiple zips before flashing and they will flash in the order chosen
-files & folders are sorted case insensitive
-Zip md5 Verification (looks for file with zipname.zip.md5)
-added option to sort zips by file date instead of file name
-can apply themes and change time zones without rebooting for instant gratification
-saved settings will now persist through version changes
-added myn's warm theme with color codes courtesy of myn
-added option to wipe system, data, and cache with rm -rf during a nandroid restore to maintain existing file system settings like block size
-added options for automatic md5 checking of zips
-twrp spam off by default which makes nandroids up to 10x faster

2011-08-05 - v1.0.3
- Added timezones that should cover everyone
- Added twrp spam feature (twrp settings)
- Added fix permissions (advanced menu)
- Added wipe cache and dalvik into Flash Zip menu
- Added copy recovery.log to /sdcard (advanced menu)
- Added output spam/no spam to restores
- Added mke2s prebuilt to /sbin
- Fixed SD-EXT issues, (no partition SD-EXT features yet)
- Fixed EFS partition issues
- Changed the way we do backups on mtd devices, which should fix any boot partition issues
(we suggest making new backups if you have an mtd device, EVO4G,NS,NS4G,etc)

2011-07-31 - v1.0.2
- Fixed SD-EXT issues
- Added Format SD-EXT into format menu
- Removed GAPPS support, CM7 automatically backsup and restores if you already have GAPPS installed. If you don't, just flash GAPPS zip
- Fixed issue where when flashing a rom, rebooting brings you back to recovery. Auto reboot after successful flash should work great now!
- Rearranged the format menu

2011-07-30 - v1.0.1

- initial release on EVO 4G

Last edited:

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] TeamWin Recovery Project (twrp) v1.0.1 [7/30/11]

FAQ:

Install as a Flashable Zip? [RECOMMENDED]

Download flashable zip from the OP and rename it "PC36IMG.zip" (without the quotes)
Place in the root of the sdcard
Power off phone (make sure you turn off hot boot or pull the battery when it's off)
Power on the phone holding power and volume down
Follow the prompts to flash it
Delete .zip (PC36IMG.zip) after booting
Enjoy

How to install with Fastboot:

Download the fastboot binary for your computer from HTC
Connect your phone and boot it into fastboot
Run fastboot with the command

Code:
fastboot flash recovery path/to/recovery-twrp-supersonic-1.X.X.img

Does this back up Wimax partition?

That is an option if you chose. Recommended to make at least one backup of just wimax and store that somewhere safe.

Why should I use this over ClockworkMod or Amon Ra?

While all three recoveries offer roughly the same abilities (backup, restore, flash) we feel like ours adds a bit more in addition to the basics as well as blend some of the more useful features. A few differences to hightlight:

* USB Mass Storage mode (Not in CWM)
* Re-organized menus with most commonly used features on top
* Saveable settings for all preferences selected
* Date and battery display (configurable timezones)
* Ability to auto-reboot after flashing
* Color themes
* Capacitive button support​

Go a head and give it a try! You've got nothing to lose. If you don't like it you can always roll back to whatever recovery you want. Of course, shift might go all Emo Pony on us, but he'll get over it.

I found a bug! What do I do?

Well you're probably going to want to post here and see if other people are having the same issue. We're also going to start tracking bugs on Github along with our project. This will let you see what issues we are aware of. You can submit a bug here: https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-...Project/issues Be sure to include how you came about the issue as well as list your device and how you installed twrp.

Note
Your backups with Clockworkmod or Amon_RA will not work with this recovery. When making a backup it will be in the twrp folder.

Last edited:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for posting the screens man, making this thread look nice is really hard to do from my phone...lol. Hopefully I'll be back to my house in a little bit so I can get to work on it. This recovery looks to have quite a bit or potential, gonna rock it for a while and see. I've made one backup so far, which took roughly 2 and a half minutes....crazy fast! Will also edit my first few post to be more instructive and what not. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Thank you for posting the screens man, making this thread look nice is really hard to do from my phone...lol

I know what you mean. Simple posting is fine but something like that would be killer to do on a phone.

You're welcome. I know people like to see screenshots so I supplied some.

Tried any of the themes? I haven't gotten to it yet and I think that is awesome they have it. This does have big potential. Now I just have to get my backups on this recovery! Long day a coming :)

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean. Simple posting is fine but something like that would be killer to do on a phone.

You're welcome. I know people like to see screenshots so I supplied some.

Tried any of the themes? I haven't gotten to it yet and I think that is awesome they have it. This does have big potential. Now I just have to get my backups on this recovery! Long day a coming :)

You ain't kidding man, it took what seemed like an eternity to copy and paste that original post onto Tapatalk...lol. Sounds like it man, hopefully you don't have a lot to move over. I'm gonna try out the restore in a little bit, see how that goes. I did try out the jesusfreek one....it's super dark blue. The Google one is a bit lighter than the Jesus one, but is still kinda dark blue. I like the default TeamWin theme, can't go wrong with the classic green on black. Haven't tried the other themes out yet...definitely am at some point. :p

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

You ain't kidding man, it took what seemed like an eternity to copy and paste that original post onto Tapatalk...lol. Sounds like it man, hopefully you don't have a lot to move over. I'm gonna try out the restore in a little bit, see how that goes. I did try out the jesusfreek one....it's super dark blue. The Google one is a bit lighter than the Jesus one, but is still kinda dark blue. I like the default TeamWin theme, can't go wrong with the classic green on black. Haven't tried the other themes out yet...definitely am at some point. :p

I only keep two nandroids on my phone, Vaelpak4 and CM7 (one of each). Now on my computer I have way too many. lol

I now have free time on my Sunday evening, I guess I'll start applying some of these themes.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Same here man, two is a perfect amount to keep on the phone. I'm going to flash OMFGB 1.3 in a sec and see how this recovery handles wiping and flashing. I'll post the results when I'm done. :)

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I just got really worried that I was about to brick my phone. I'm gonna have to do some reading on this recovery before I try another restore with it. I made the backup just fine, but after it had finished all it would reboot to is the recovery, fastboot or Hboot. Never could get it to boot back into Android. Thankfully a friend of mine is over with his Optimus. I put my EVO's SD card into and put the Amon zip on it, stuck it back in and flash it and everything is back to normal now. Now this is more than likely my fault as this is a brand new recovery and will take some time to learn to use it properly. Just wanted to give a heads up on what happened to me.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

so what phone is that for.

don't tell me it's for the evo 4g cuz the refurb i got has no way to boot into bootloader so i can run from my memory card.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

so what phone is that for.

don't tell me it's for the evo 4g cuz the refurb i got has no way to boot into bootloader so i can run from my memory card.

If you are referring to the recovery then it is for the Evo 4G. To get into the bootloader with Gingerbread you need to turn off Fastboot.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

i'm talking about unlocking teh bootload so i can install root and all that jaz.

the bootloader comes up. but it won't go into recovery. so i can pull from my memory card

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

There isn't anything to unlock it yet. All this is, is a custom recovery for those with root.

Last edited:

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Well guys here I am with my two cents..............I like it........not as much as amon, but I'm gonna toy with this for a few and see what I get. As far as backups I have 4 nandroids, had 5 but backed down.........if 4 is two too many tell me so and as you two are part of the great trifecta of my mentorship I value your opinions greatly........but anyway I like this simple recovery.........easy to use with plenty of thoughtfulness! I'm gonna rock it!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] TeamWin Recovery Project (twrp) v1.0.2 [07/31/11]

OP has been updated to mirror original thread, and will be as soon as the thread on XDA is. Also added the changelog from the original thread as the second post here. ;)

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Well guys here I am with my two cents..............I like it........not as much as amon, but I'm gonna toy with this for a few and see what I get. As far as backups I have 4 nandroids, had 5 but backed down.........if 4 is two too many tell me so and as you two are part of the great trifecta of my mentorship I value your opinions greatly........but anyway I like this simple recovery.........easy to use with plenty of thoughtfulness! I'm gonna rock it!

Having 5 backups isn't really a bad thing man, I just wouldn't keep more than a couple with you at any given time....considering how much space they take up on the SD card. I'd just keep a couple of them with you, like a Sense ROM for PRL and data profile updates and your latest one for whatever ROM your running at the given time. try this with the rest of them that you have, works awesome for me.....take each individual Nand and place it in it's own folder. Name the containing folder the name of the ROM with a date and you'll never have to wonder which backup it is. I know myself, I have a hard time keeping all the backups in order sometimes if I start to get a lot of them. :)

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

OP has been updated to mirror original thread, and will be as soon as the thread on XDA is. Also added the changelog from the original thread as the second post here. ;)

Having 5 backups isn't really a bad thing man, I just wouldn't keep more than a couple with you at any given time....considering how much space they take up on the SD card. I'd just keep a couple of them with you, like a Sense ROM for PRL and data profile updates and your latest one for whatever ROM your running at the given time. try this with the rest of them that you have, works awesome for me.....take each individual Nand and place it in it's own folder. Name the containing folder the name of the ROM with a date and you'll never have to wonder which backup it is. I know myself, I have a hard time keeping all the backups in order sometimes if I start to get a lot of them. :)

Like CaMelGuy said, it isn't a bad thing to have that many nandroids. I only keep one for Vaelpak4 and one for CM7 on the phone, but on my computer I have 12 nandroids. Monstly different roms, but some not.