[RECOVERY] TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.0RC0.2 [2011-12-22]

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Love it so far. Got an email that the thread was bumped and couldn't wait to check out if 2.0 was here.

Quick question, 1.x backups will restore with 2.0? Haven't tried that yet.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via HTC Evo 4g

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] TeamWin Recovery Project (twrp) v2.0.0 [12/17/11]

Love it so far. Got an email that the thread was bumped and couldn't wait to check out if 2.0 was here.

I thought the same but their website didn't say. I didn't feel like searching for the answer so I tried it. It said restore complete but I went into the bootloop. Yes I wiped. So not too sure if it really works or not.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

The answer is no, if you want to restore backups from previous versions, you'll have to use an older build. I am wondering why they can't get the backups compatible.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

The answer is no, if you want to restore backups from previous versions, you'll have to use an older build. I am wondering why they can't get the backups compatible.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Well that sucks. Wish they would get the compatibility between the builds to work

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
OK thanks for the answer. I just flash to the stock rom and flash it and make a new backup.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I finally flashed this last night and OMG.....this is soooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dare say this is the easiest thing to use ever!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :cool:

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I had massive problems with this not wiping correctly I believe. I tried to flash Decks 1.3 and as it booted up I had massive FC's and phone was stuck on the click the android part of setup and would go no further. So I tried to flash the rom I was on before. Had major FC's and had a wallpaper and that's all showing. Tried my backup I made with this and it restored with some FCs with half the apps not working. Luckily my file explorer was working and I got the older recovery moved and renamed to flash it. Got it flashed over, flashed Decks and have had no problems since then.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I had massive problems with this not wiping correctly I believe. I tried to flash Decks 1.3 and as it booted up I had massive FC's and phone was stuck on the click the android part of setup and would go no further. So I tried to flash the rom I was on before. Had major FC's and had a wallpaper and that's all showing. Tried my backup I made with this and it restored with some FCs with half the apps not working. Luckily my file explorer was working and I got the older recovery moved and renamed to flash it. Got it flashed over, flashed Decks and have had no problems since then.

Really, that's definitely not good. Did you try fixing permissions after you had all those problems, might be a viable fix. Hopefully thpith if this thing is having serious issues like this TW will have it corrected very shortly.

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.0RC0.2 [2011-12-

OP and Changelog have been updated with the latest goods. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!!! ::cool:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Looks like this recovery is going to be slowed down with Agrabren leaving TeamWin.

TeamWin Blog | TeamWin

Well well, that pretty much sucks anyway you look at it. I hate to see teams this good start breaking apart. I know it says they are gearing up yo get it back up to speed, I just hope this isn't the beginning of the end of Team Win.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This makes me super sad. :C Hopefully they will someday get back to it, thankfully though TWRP 2 is pretty solid. I'm still blown away at the fact that we have 5 different recoveries to choose from. A lot more if you include all the versions available. Man, I love the EVO. :D

Last edited:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed that they updated this recovery one last time. Will update op accordingly. :)

deltaforce126

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.0RC0.2 [2011-12-

Hi guys im a noob here but i was wondering if you guys could help me out. I think i am in softbrick with my EVO 4g i was flashing a rom like i always do then bam bootloop city. I know i flashed properly because i am very careful when i do it. I was using TWRP 2.0 i tried to boot back into recovery and that did not work. So i proceeded to flash Amon ra via zip image from the bootloader screen. I succeeded but i cannot flash anything. I get this error, E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk01p (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount /sdcard
If you guys could help, that would be awesome.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys im a noob here but i was wondering if you guys could help me out. I think i am in softbrick with my EVO 4g i was flashing a rom like i always do then bam bootloop city. I know i flashed properly because i am very careful when i do it. I was using TWRP 2.0 i tried to boot back into recovery and that did not work. So i proceeded to flash Amon ra via zip image from the bootloader screen. I succeeded but i cannot flash anything. I get this error, E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk01p (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount /sdcard
If you guys could help, that would be awesome.

So just make sure, you ARE able to get into Recovery correct?

carhauler1969

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
STAY AWAY FROM THIS RECOVERY ON THE EVO 4G IT CAN BRICK YOUR PHONE AND WAS PULLED FROM XDA FOR THAT VERY REASON BY THE DEVELOPERS!!!
I personally know 2 people that bricked their EVO's in the same week with this recovery on another forum.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk