Cant Reroot evo

Toast22

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I was running the newest version of the Miui Rom, but I had to go to the Sprint store so I did the quick five step unrooting process, which involves Htc Sync downloads and RUU Supersonic downloads. Now they I got my phone fixed, I cant root (and its not because its the latest OTA update) its still running the old flash that i did before walking into sprint.

I get to the unrevoked rooting stage of the process, but then I get the error message that the radio is not supported by unrevoked.

I have S-off, but i cant boot into recovery.

running:
2.1-update1
baseband version

i need some help to unroot. any ideas?

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
This is pretty easy to take care of.

First, get a flashable copy of whatever recovery you want to use and rename in PC36IMG.zip and place it on the root of your sd card.

Second, boot into recovery and volume up to accept the update.

Third, enjoy flashing your custom rom.

Check out my thread from the othere day, http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/108978-i-still-have-s-off-new-post.html it should help explain some things.

I just did this two days ago with help from smokecrawler. Works like a charm. However if you are going to stay with the stock 2.3.3, you will need to go to androidsu.com and download a flashable version os SU that works with 2.3.3.

Enjoy

Toast22

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
When I try to boot into recovery, I get the phone with the red triangle??
Quick question, what do you mean find a whatever recovery? Like clockwork recover or nand recovery or whatever its called? Ill wait for your reply before I jump the gun. In the meantime, ill check out the link. Thanks!

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
When I try to boot into recovery, I get the phone with the red triangle??
Quick question, what do you mean find a whatever recovery? Like clockwork recover or nand recovery or whatever its called? Ill wait for your reply before I jump the gun. In the meantime, ill check out the link. Thanks!

That is the stock recovery you are seeing.

Yes the "whatever" recovery :):p would be clockworkmod, Amon_RA or teamwin's recovery.

Toast22

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks it ended up working with a minor hiccup. I flash clockworkmod recovery version 2.5.0.1 and I cant get the latest version. I tried rom manager and installing the zip. So when I wipe dalvik cache and battery stats, nothing happens like the factory whip. I dont know if this is causing the problem, but now when I plug in the usb to the computer or the charger it last four seconds and goes away like the cord isnt plugged in? Hope there is a solution to this.

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
You need to put the recovery version on the root of the sd card and name it PC36IMG.zip, it's case sensitive, so just as its typed. When you boot into boot loader it will find the file and ask you if you want to update. Say yes,(volume up) and you will be done. Also make sure you delete it when youre done or it will try to flash it every time you boot into the bootloader.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You need to put the recovery version on the root of the sd card and name it PC36IMG.zip, it's case sensitive, so just as its typed. When you boot into boot loader it will find the file and ask you if you want to update. Say yes,(volume up) and you will be done. Also make sure you delete it when youre done or it will try to flash it every time you boot into the bootloader.

Simply renaming it wont cut it.

[RECOVERY] [EVO4G] TeamWin Recovery Project (twrp) v1.0.3 [08/05/11] - xda-developers < twrp

[Recovery] [09-Feb-2011] RA-supersonic-v2.3 - xda-developers < Amon Ra

Instructions for loading them up through the PC36IMG are in the threads. As always do not un zip. Also keep in mind OP, youre running a VERY old version of the Evo's software, youll have to upgrade the radios as well as your rom to be caught up with the modern world :p